Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Debadging

JohnP

i'm tempted to debadge my fiesta and was wondering what you guys think to it. personally i like the smooth look and think it adds a kinda mystery to the car, not knowing what specific model it is.

any of you guys done it? if so do the badges on a fiesta come off easy?

I've not done it on a fiesta but the principle would be the same as for my focus. Use a piece of fishing line to cut the tape holding the badge to the paintwork. Then warm the residue with a hair drier to soften the glue so you dont damage the paint and gently lift it off with your fingers. Any glue remaining can be removed using a little autoglym tar and bug remover on a rag. Give it a good polish when the sticky is all removed.

• Like 1

Was thinking of this myself but was not sure on the mess it would leave afterwards ...

I could think of many positives to doing it, such as the smooth look, easier to polish etc ..... but was worried that it may have effects when/if i come around to selling ... some pictures would be good to other fiestas in the Mk6 facelift model

Again not a fiesta but you can see from my focus, removing the back and wing badges makes for a smoother look

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

Stuff021.jpg

sounds simple, i think i might have to debadge her then!

and i might be wrong, but if you kept the badges couldn't they be put back on for when it comes time to sell on?

Again not a fiesta but you can see from my focus, removing the back and wing badges makes for a smoother look

DSCF0007.jpg

lol, look at all the fords in that picture ;) Feel the love man!!!

I'v never considered debadging but it might look silly on mine :(

My fear also :lol:

Could always stick them back on if unhappy i suppose .....

I debadged my Fiesta a while ago, but when someone crashed into me, the repair centre ended up fiting the Fiesta writing again.

It does make the back end look a little tidy, but if you are planning on doing it BE CAREFULL NOT TO SCRATCH THE BODYWORK!! I did it by accident although trying to take my time, but clumsyness got the better of me.

Just ge a hair dryer (not too hot otherwise you could damage the paint) and a small thin screwdriver with a bit of masking tape around it to avoid getting the sharp bits near the bodywork. You will need to re-tape the screwdriver at some point too.

If your worried about the time it may come to selling, you can easily just stick them back on too (or if you dont like it lol).

Im sure someone else has said this in their post, but I didn't really look through it :P sorry if im repeating what someone else already said or if you know this already. Im just happy to try and help out :rolleyes:

May try it again soon though :lol:

With all the talk of debadging. Has anyone removed there Ford badges and fitted a badgeless grill and filled in the back?

If so was this a lot of work?

Another option i have thought of is to go with the option in the "Gel badge overlays" forum and go with the black to blend in with the front, dont think it would be as easy blending in the back though.

well it can be done easy and if you dont like it i wouldnt recomend putting them back on id go on eBay and buy them new there is loads of them on there . im doin it to mine soon just need a hair dryer lol. ppl still up for the fiesta meet then ?

I wouldn't personally debadge my car but think it could look nice on the new fiesta.

Not on some chavved up saxo though ;)

I debadged my mk 5 a few weeks ago and im much happier with how it looks, all nice and smooth. Also ordered some carbon gel overlays for the front, back and the steering wheel, still waiting on them to come though. I'd definately recommend de badging to any one though

I debadged my mk 5 a few weeks ago and im much happier with how it looks, all nice and smooth. Also ordered some carbon gel overlays for the front, back and the steering wheel, still waiting on them to come though. I'd definately recommend de badging to any one though

No way dude! The more badges the better! Nothing better than badging your car up big-time-stylee! :lol:

:ph34r:

No way dude! The more badges the better! Nothing better than badging your car up big-time-stylee! :lol:

:ph34r:

Get them off, all smooth and euro-like. My gel overlays came yesterday, looks s**t hot now :P

wellmine is all smooth now and looks a+ every 1 all ready for the meet on the 31st depending on money for petrol i should be there guna cost me 50 60 quid to get there and back !

• 3 years later...

I've debadged my fiesta and it went down really well. I just used hot water from the kettle I get rid of black marks

I debadged my mk4 fez and it went down perfectly :) looks beautiful :)

post-38090-0-56074700-1357603253_thumb.j

post-38090-0-08627900-1357603284_thumb.j

sounds simple, i think i might have to debadge her then!

and i might be wrong, but if you kept the badges couldn't they be put back on for when it comes time to sell on?

Done this last week for my mk7, looks great with a smooth back to it!

hairdyer, lots of hot soapy water, and a good strength card...bish bash bosh

Dental floss and thinners are what I used. But then put the badges back on :P only de-badged because someone decided their name looked good in my tailgate.

God sake what a muppet haha :P well I debadged cause some wee hooligan tried to take it off and snapped the badge... Wasn't happy like... -_-

Only cost me the price of paint so it's not a major thing, painted it at work :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club