Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd 11 Tool

ian1gail

Can anyone recommend a scan tool for reading and removing things like the engine managment warning light. I have a 1.8 tdci Focus. I also have vag com which is the VW version. The lead from this fits my Ford OBD port. I guess I need a program to load on to the laptop. The reason for wanting this is to try a ERG blanking plate so I can remove the light if it comes on. Thanks.

if its a genuine vag com, then if you select the OBD section on the first screen, you could more than likely access/remove fault codes, amongst other things

vag com is probably the best value for money scan software out there...absolutly brilliant on vag, even the dealers often turn to it first.

Hi, thanks for the reply. It is a genuine vag com. Are you saying it will work on my Focus?

light shouldnt come on..... mines been done for 2 yrs almost and is good as when i first done it

think ive used it on Ford in the past.

open the programme, on the first screen, select OBD 11 Funtions, which is below the Select Control Module option.

if i remember rightly, if it reads the ford protocol, the option buttons for reading data/fault codes etc light up and just do as you would normally do with the vag system.

cant double check just yet as mine has just been updated so need to connect to vehicle and run a port test and save, which i cant do till the morning

should add, on fords it is a very limited scanner, but it will work to read/clear faults as well as other limited live data and graphs etc.

If you are fitting an EGR blanking plate make sure its a solid one - ones with holes are a wase of time

• Like 1

If you are fitting an EGR blanking plate make sure its a solid one - ones with holes are a waste of time

+1

Just checked on a 2010 Peugeot 308 diesel.

Open programme, press OBD-11 Functions option

Next screen you will see 'checking interface' in top left corner.

If the VCDS recognises it, this will change to

Protocol: **********

And 'Running'

Can read permanent, pending and current DTC as well as clear them

Also...

Limited live data, readiness and freeze frames with logging and graphing capabilities..

Might save you buying another reader if this works on Ford, which I'm sure it does

Thanks everyone. Focus currently having new dmf and clutch. Will be plugging vag com in as soon as I get it back and post my findings.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club