Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Light After Cleaning Egr Valve

Fuzz

Hi guys, I've just replaced my egr valve after cleaning it, I'd initially code read the car and it showed something about the egr valve and the guys at the garage thought it migt be stuck, however there wasnt any thick stuff inside it it was very free but since I'd taken it off I just cleaned it anyway and then put it back on. Now the problem is that the engine light has come on and I'm not sure what it means, atm I dont have access to a reader and was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how they fixed it. Its still in limp mode by the way.

I'd think you have a more serious problem. A gunked up EGR [by itself] won't put the car into limp mode.

Need more info on the car, symptoms and DTC codes if you know them. Without that it could be any one of a hundred things.

unfortunately I dont know the codes that it brought up, will have to get it read again and see what it says, the turbo was one of the problems, its was gone and I've had it replaced but the power has not returned though it drives better than before turbo change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club