Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Bulbs Mk7

sb4100

Hi, can anyone tell me how to replace the bulbs on my number plate, i have used the guide on this site, however the bulbs holder gets stuck on my number plate, and cant remove the holder far enough to replace the bulb, i have tried to take the number plate off but it doesnt seem to come of the car the screws just go around , any ideas.

thanks

Just use a small flat. Head to push the metal bit in and pull it down. Once it's out twist the white part 60 degrees

Allen key in the hole and push the metal clip in to release.

Hi, i have tried several times but it still gets stuck on the number plate. pic attached

post-51754-0-78327700-1394287799_thumb.j

Hi, i have tried several times but it still gets stuck on the number plate. pic attached

That's pretty weird, I guess if you can't get it by the number plate you'll just have to take it off. Shouldn't be bad if it's just two screws, if not just get some numberplate tape

Hi, yes thats the issue now the number plate wont come off either, both the screws just go around and around.

Hi, yes thats the issue now the number plate wont come off either, both the screws just go around and around.

Aww okay, didn't read the full think haha. You'll just have to pull the while unscrewing, try getting something under the screws. Probably best to get some double sided number plate tape too as it sounds like your threads are knackered

*sings* You put your allan key in...

f6ma.jpg

...You take your light bulb out and you shake it all about!

fnqd.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get it past the plate?

I have the same problem and can't take the plate off because it's glued on. The screws go out fine, but it's just glued like nothing else.

I'd like to change the bulbs, but how do I get it off without damaging the plate or the car?

Do your plates just stick out further than others peoples then, or are the bulb holders a lot closer to the boot? Seems strange how they're different

If they used tape like pikeys they will stick out further due to the thickness of the tape, if screwed like mine they are fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

There's like a 1 cm thick pad behind the plate, which makes it impossible to get the lights out with it on. I'm not sure how to go about removing the plate without damaging anything.

There's like a 1 cm thick pad behind the plate, which makes it impossible to get the lights out with it on. I'm not sure how to go about removing the plate without damaging anything.

Just slowly pull the plate of?

Hi, no i never managed to get my plate off, i will take it to the gargage at some point, and get them i guess to find away to get it off or replace the whole plate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club