Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Do Insurers Own My Modifications?

jeebowhite

I'd spend about £1.50 on one.

Just enough for a litre of petrol and a box of matches.

• Like 1

lol, thanks guys, I was in need of a laugh, its been a painful day! had a physio assesment today, which hurt, recon I will be off work the rest of this week and next (due to an op) so I am fed up! and I am impatiently waiting for the other person to admit liability so that they can decide to write or not to write off my car so that I can actually get my new car sorted out! I have my eye on quite a few nice local toys, and I just want to go try and buy!!!

I thought Vauxhalls came off the production line needing £1,890's worth of spend to get them roadworthy?

(I once owned a Vectra. It was crap.) :s

I bought my focus titanium thru a vauxhall dealer network, I even told the salesman that I hate vauxhall & wouldn't be seen dead in one:D

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

ahahhahahahah at least you told them the truth yunii :P

Honesty is the best policy after all

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

James, just been thinking (don't laugh!) but don't some insurers allow you to declare mods so that you're legal but don't actually cover their replacement? Where as some companies will replace like for like? Surely, as long as it's not a like for like policy you can remove them? If it is like for like they would replace them?

James, just been thinking (don't laugh!) but don't some insurers allow you to declare mods so that you're legal but don't actually cover their replacement? Where as some companies will replace like for like? Surely, as long as it's not a like for like policy you can remove them? If it is like for like they would replace them?

This is what I have. I'm due to renew next month so I'll try and remember to ask them if I could remove them if the car was written off.

Lol, Thanks James, and I didnt laugh at the comment, more the fact that you made it! :p

I think your right, all my modifications where for advice only and not cover, so I think this is why I can have them back!

that reminds me, I need to buy the stereo removal keys, just in case...

Fingers crossed you can get them all back. Unless they want to pay for their replacement I don't see why you couldn't.

Seems as long as I hand it back the same as the day I had bought it, I should be alright!