Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 New Tyres At 28000 Miles

dah

hi all just had to get 4 new tyres fitted to my Titanium as the tracking must have been out put back on front at about 14000 and had it tracked so when I looked under the car the other day 28000 all 4 had gone so took the bull by the horns so to speak and had 4 new Hankooks fitted plus tracking £269 all in.bit of a long story but the car is as good to drive as when it was new + not so much hum from the road plus no more rattles from the cabin feel of my car is now great did not think the old tyres would make it sound so bad? PS i do look at my car more often than that(14000 miles) LOL but they looked fine as i have 4 mud flaps so have to get down to see the tyres.(POT HOLES)= TRACKING OUT.Was going to trade it in but may have to drive it for a bit longer to get some of my cash back. :D :) :rolleyes: :P

My Wife as a 09' Fiesta Titanium and she had new tyres fitted at 15,000 too and I check both cars tyres every few weeks

hi all just had to get 4 new tyres fitted to my Titanium as the tracking must have been out put back on front at about 14000 and had it tracked so when I looked under the car the other day 28000 all 4 had gone so took the bull by the horns so to speak and had 4 new Hantooks.

What tyres were fitted originally, as mine from new are Hankooks.

Decent tyres for the money, got them on my wifes focus.

I cant see my tyres lasting 28, 000, you did well. :)

Do Ford always fit the same low profile tyres onto the optional extra 17's ?

No there Continental's , am not a fan of them to be honest great tyre but they always seem to want replacing more frequent than other brand's.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

28000 mile off a set of tyres with rotation - excellent. Ive got Hankook ventus prime 2's on the front. Done about 7k and they are on half wear about 4-5mm left. Great tyre with low noise and good grip, they'll never last 28k tho :lol:. About to buy another 2 and rotate the fronts to the back, best price I've seen at the moment is £95 fitted for 205/50 R17.

Sent from my Zetec Sa using Ford OC mobile app

Mordey just a typo Hankooks .

Mordey just a typo Hankooks .

Wasn't highlighting your typo. Just wanted to know what manufacturer your old ones were so to avoid them in future.

Just had to but 1 new tyre for my metal only done 8000 mile! Sucks bad! Now odd tyre as they didn't have a Bridgestone in stock! So annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Mordey had Hankooks on from new Ventus Evo 1's and have put Hankook Ventus Prime 2's on now nice tyre. (don't think I will have it for 28000 more miles so don't know if they will last.

Weird one this,,,, my car 58 plate titanium, got an advisory on its MOT for 'rear tyres castleated' on inner edges. I looked into the possible causes of this long and hard, and still drawing a blank ? No adjustments possible on the rear, so 4 wheel alignment is out of the question, all suspension & bushes are fine. 4 matching tyres so a bit gutted as to why this is happening. I did however check out my mates dads car (same as mine) and he drives like a saint, and his felt the same on the rear inner edge, so got me thinking it may be more common than I thought,,,,, anyone else with this problem ???

Mike77 see your point only thing I can think off is that as my tyres had some wear on the inside edge and I had the pressure at 26psi on the back and 31psi on the front (when I got my car back they put 31 all round in new tyres)it says 26 and 31 for light loads

think this may be to soft and has let the back tyres wear on both outer edge but as the inside edge was part worn from the time on the front this would wear first.Plus have put a spare plus jack kit in boot more weight over the back end and fill tank up to full all the time.(DO YOU LADS RUN MORE PRESSURE IN THE BACK?)have put 35 front 31 back as a test,it is a 5 door Titanium 1.6 Tdci June 2013.

I have also had odd wear, I had Ford look at it and they said they have no idea what has caused it and suggest I buy new tyres to avoid the noise, luckily I do not do many miles now a days but if I did I would be annoyed at buying 2 new rears every 10k or so miles just because the inner is worn quicker.

The dealer even had a cheek to charge me £50 for 4 wheel alignment and then when I asked them how they done it without rear adjustment they told me they simply moved my front so it would line up with the back, now every time I get the tracking checked they always say it is out, the reason being Ford adjusted it, crazy fools, I gave up caring about the tyres a while back.

Love the fiesta to bits but such a damn headache and all the dealers I have been too have been a shambles.

I wouldnt trust any dealer to set up my tracking properly. I only ever use a local wheel alignment place to do it. They have been around along time, becuase they do the job properly, and why, because they rely on repeat custom to stay in buisness.

I only get ford to do basic servicing, just so if i have any issues with warranty they cant argue, although i know they wil try.

Generally I would it is the only time outside of servicing and warranty work it has been to a dealer however none of my local tyre places had the equipment for 4 wheel alignment

Hi all at last I have a Hot Topic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club