Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front wipers have a mind of their own!

Tartan Barty

Just got an '52 1.8 TDCi focus estate. One problem......when I pull the wiper stick down for a single wiper cycle, the wiper stop when I lift the stick up. Also when on intermitant the wiper come up, go down and then come up about 6" onto the screen. I have checked the linkage which seems fine and replaced the relay but its still there.

Anyone got any ideas????

i would have said it was a relay problem, but since you have replaced this its a bit baffeling. did you replace the right relay as there is one for the front and one for the back?

I replaced the top left of the 2 side by side. The handbook was a bit vague as to which was front and which was back. I took out the left hand one and the numbers were identical to the new Ford one so I guessed it was the front.

Is it the right one???

Just been out and swapped the left and right relays over and that has solved it so must have changed the wrong one over. So if your wipers start misbehaving then change the top right hand relay!!!

i can not remember which is the front or back, try swopping the two relays to see if there is an improvement.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys sorry for intruding on this topic, for some reason I'm unable to put a new topic on (this site is very poor). The wipers on my kuga Tx 2013 hit each other when on mid-full speed, very irritating ! And I'm concerned that it will eventually damage the workings..

Hi Bill,

I cant say that I have seen any issues with the site that would suggest its poor....

With regards the wipers, it could be that they just need re-aligning.

When the wipers are parked at the bottom of the window, are they in line with the black marks on the windscreen?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club