Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Accelerate With A The Ecoboost 1.0 125Ps?

NQbbe

Looks 2 different colours in the pictures you posted

Looks really nice with the black alloys I must say

People know the difference of the power from the ST, to the Zetec S to other trim levels, so you wouldn't really be showing anyone anything new?

Just wondering why you rate the ZS better than ST thats all. You are entitled to you opinion like. id be interested to how you think its better though??

People know the difference of the power from the ST, to the Zetec S to other trim levels, so you wouldn't really be showing anyone anything new?

That's right cos the ST is obviously the quicker car :)

• Like 1

it also has half leather heated ricaro seats better brakes, steering, kit, wheels iv had my st on a rolling road and got 193bhp with no mods.

not just quicker but faaaar superior machine ;)

it also has half leather heated ricaro seats better brakes, steering, kit, wheels iv had my st on a rolling road and got 193bhp with no mods.

Yawn !

• Like 2

Yes - it is, but it also costs a lot more to buy, to run (including fuel) and to insure (some yonger drivers could probably not insure/ afford to insure it at all) - it can also attract a lot of attention (some of which may be unwanted) - the speed and power can get you into trouble, if you don't have a lot of self control

• Like 2

All with all its still just the engine thats superior. The rest is always upgradeable :)

• Like 2

Im not saying the ZS fiestas are bad cars or even further down the range. the fiesta is a great car which ever model - spec you have the sales figures will tell you that and the long wait from ordering to delivery. one thing i will say though is you mentioned the rest being upgradable and the ST being harder to insure for younger people which is correct but once them young people start to upgrade or "modify" there insurance will also go through the roof. Unless they choose not to declare there mod which is risky business.

Everybody has there own opinion and are entitled to that opinion. Mine is that the fiesta ST is the best of the range hence price tag. "you get what you pay for".

Im not saying the ZS fiestas are bad cars or even further down the range. the fiesta is a great car which ever model - spec you have the sales figures will tell you that and the long wait from ordering to delivery. one thing i will say though is you mentioned the rest being upgradable and the ST being harder to insure for younger people which is correct but once them young people start to upgrade or "modify" there insurance will also go through the roof. Unless they choose not to declare there mod which is risky business.

Everybody has there own opinion and are entitled to that opinion. Mine is that the fiesta ST is the best of the range hence price tag. "you get what you pay for".

The Fiesta ST is an excellent hot hatch and brilliant for your money if you were to buy a new car, but the car isn't "amazing". The reason I got my Ecoboost was to build my no claims discount. I got it when I was 18 with a claim already, I plan to part ex my car within the next year but to a German make Audi/Bmw/Mercedes. I work within one of the public services so I get around 9k off new particular models. But from what I've on here it seems a bit of a bore and your attempting to boast, that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

I'm not attempting to cause aggravation, they're just my thoughts from what I've read.

• Like 1

I'm not attempting to cause aggravation, they're just my thoughts from what I've read.

Agreed

The ST and the ZS might look similar, but they are very different cars: The former is quite fast, has better brakes, is quite thirsty and is more expensive to run; The latter is not so fast, quite a lot cheaper to run, and the seats are not so 'extreme'... There are obviously quite a few more differences, but this is just my summary.

People choose different cars to suit different needs, simple as that, therefore anyone proclaiming that any car is simply 'better' than an other is very shortsighted!

I have test driven both. If I was after the fastest car of the two, I would have chosen the ST, as it is clearly the much faster car of the two. However, pure power and speed were not the highest priority for me, hence why I have gone with a ZS.

If the ST ticks the most boxes for you then that will clearly be the best car for you, if the ZS ticks the most boxes for you then get that instead... Or, believe it or not, there may well be a n other car that might just tick more of the right boxes, in which case, go for that one!

Anyway, back on topic, regarding accelerating in the 1.0 ecoboost, this is an interesting question, and one I am eager to try out when I get my new ZS.

1.0 125 Zetec S on order!

• Like 4

It's gunna feel weird for awhile as it seems like the 1.0T has longer gearing and being upto 60-70mph in 2nd will take some getting used too

The Fiesta ST is an excellent hot hatch and brilliant for your money if you were to buy a new car, but the car isn't "amazing". The reason I got my Ecoboost was to build my no claims discount. I got it when I was 18 with a claim already, I plan to part ex my car within the next year but to a German make Audi/Bmw/Mercedes. I work within one of the public services so I get around 9k off new particular models. But from what I've on here it seems a bit of a bore and your attempting to boast, that is all.

The car IS amazing value for money is second to none. i would like you to prove me wrong and quote one single bad review by either an owner or a tester/reviewer. Use caution when buying german car although good cars incredibly expensive to service etc.

The car IS amazing value for money is second to none. i would like you to prove me wrong and quote one single bad review by either an owner or a tester/reviewer. Use caution when buying german car although good cars incredibly expensive to service etc.

You go on about & keep challenging people about their views on the ST soooooo much, It wouldn't shock me if u had made love to your ST at some point or had plans to do so.

It has a twin exhaust so you get a choice in which one to do the deed with ;-)

• Like 1

This will be good to see, running 1.3psi surprised it moves, should be running at 22 iirc.

1.3 bar if you mean isn't possible with that turbo, will wreck it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Post a pic of the graph please.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

iv had a remap il post dyno print out from that hoping to get her on this weekend again.

193bhp with a remap for the ST is pathetic that's less than 15bhp increase?

tha was before the map. standard ford say st will put out 200bhp in overboost. mine is running at aprox 220.

whats yours about 130?? thats pathetic.

193bhp with a remap for the ST is pathetic that's less than 15bhp increase?

Agreed, surely they could of got 20-25bhp

i have they mapping guy reckons 35 - 40 bhp and loads of torque can feel masive improvement a lot more resonsive and smooth put down of power.

il post dyno graphs once iv managed to get it on a rolling road

That sounds abit more worth while

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club