Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Accelerate With A The Ecoboost 1.0 125Ps?

NQbbe

No I'm driving with the original one. Do you what changes there are to them?

The overboost doesn't come into play. The car pulls fine, just not for the first 2-3 seconds when changing gears and giving it max throttle.

What do you mean you would never hammer the throttle? I'm not giving it full revs while changing gears actually quite the opposite since the revs are very slow to loose the revs when accelerating hard and changing gears swiftly.

No I'm driving with the original one. Do you what changes there are to them?

The overboost doesn't come into play. The car pulls fine, just not for the first 2-3 seconds when changing gears and giving it max throttle.

What do you mean you would never hammer the throttle? I'm not giving it full revs while changing gears actually quite the opposite since the revs are very slow to loose the revs when accelerating hard and changing gears swiftly.

Email super chips and ask for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

It's going into the dealer tomorrow (I have posted another thread here on that topic) so I will ask them. Thank you for the info.

• 2 months later...

Have you got the latest map? I know previously there was problems. You have to remember the over boost is only a period of time, before it needs cooling. I would never hammer he throttle!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

What map have you got on your 125 ZS? Fancy getting mine done and not sure where to get it done and who by!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Bluefin map, order it on their website it's plug and play - easy to set up and do yourself.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested I'm selling my bluefin device for the 125ps model. Not looking for too much. Just inbox me.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

wow, lenghty debate of zetec s vs st.

I think they are both excellent cars. The zetec s is a lot of fun for a 1 litre. The 3 cyl engine sounds awesome and the laggy turbo with a big initial shove (for what it is) is entertaining.

However, dynamically you can't compare them. My dad runs a an ecoboost fiesta to work, driving it then the ST is night and day, the ST is in a different league and honestly the ecoboost car feels like a sboat afterwards. I still love both cars for what they are, both are superior to their respective competitors.

However, I don't think someone should be bigging up the ST on a 'best way to accelerate a zetec s' thread tbh.

Certainly didnt start out as a ZS v ST debate, check out the subject heading and original post.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club