Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Many Good Ideas.

SailorTam1994

Hi all, okay so my focus is the most tastefully modded car ive ever brought, as ive always thought i had to be sensible work wise and for insurance purposes. But I know it needs a bit of my touch added to it to completely make it mine.

Im buying precut tint to do my windows as being a courier its nice not to have the parcels always directly on show. I was wondering though whether any of you knew any local companies that would do a precut vinyl for the area where my switches and radio on my dash are as I want to make it blue to give a nice matching look to the car or even a nice white to contrast well with the blue as the owners before me put subtle white stickers on the window bits. Ive looked on eBay and can buy a carbon vinyl one but in a black. My area dosent seem to have much choice for vinyl cutters, but I didn't know if any of you could recommend anyone to purchase it off.

My plans are also to change the interior lights to a nice subtle blue, especially in the footwells, and change the light in the clock to a blue.

Thanks for reading

Tam :)

Hi, Not really my thing as im more into power enhancing modifications, best to speak to stoney or lenny about that, just to clarify is your car a mk1 Focus?, which model is it/ engine size/ fuel type/ trim level etc? - if you put this all in your signature or avatar, it can save a lot of time/ misunderstandings

You can remove the radio surround yourself and use your favourite hairdryer and some coloured carbon sheets off eBay.

Radio out and 4 screws to undo then unplug any wires you come across (check you have your radio security code first though).

There are also some traders on eBay that do switches and clock screens with blue LED conversions, just swap like for like and you're sorted.

Im going to reply to you both here as im new to all this forum malarky hehe :)

Foca:My car is a mk1 focus 3 door. Its a ztec 1.6 (16V I think) Petrol and im unsure of the trim but i think it has squares or diamond shapes on the interior seats, the dash looks leathery all though its not so unsure of the trim, this is my first ever ford ive owned so enjoying some of the luxuries at present ive got in it that i have never had in other cars. Will have a look how to edit my signature/avatar in a minute. Technologies not my strong point though unfortunatley :)

Stoney871: Sounds excellent now to source me a hairdryer of my mum as I usually let my short hair dry naturally. It sounds easy to do, I have my own custom radio i put in the other day so would a radio code be needed for that, (e.g do wires effect it) Sorry about all the questions alot of things i seem to touch go wrong if i dont ask loads and loads of questions so want to be sure. Will have a look at eBay for them. Is it the same process as fitting vinyl accesing your clock, what i mean is, does the whole surrond come off for easy access to the clock or is there another way.

Thanks both

Hi Tamara, there are a couple of places on eBay that do custom switches etc as well as vinyl as suggested, here is a couple of pics to give you an idea

post-47028-0-57765400-1393875243_thumb.j

post-47028-0-11404000-1393875283_thumb.j

post-47028-0-46405300-1393875330_thumb.j

You can remove the radio surround yourself and use your favourite hairdryer and some coloured carbon sheets off ebay.

Radio out and 4 screws to undo then unplug any wires you come across (check you have your radio security code first though).

There are also some traders on ebay that do switches and clock screens with blue LED conversions, just swap like for like and you're sorted.

What he said

As you have an aftermarket radio you won't have to worry about codes.

The screws to remove the panel are in each corner of the radio hole.

Remove those and pull the panel to unclip it, a bit of tugging/praying is needed ;)

There should only be two wiring plugs to undo- clock and power socket.

With vinyl just take it slowly and heat it so it stretches and sticks.

If you get wrinkles or folds the heat will allow it to return to shape easily.

I recommend vinyl that is listed as bubblefree, this has fine patterning on the back that allows air to be dispersed on application.

Hi Tamara, there are a couple of places on ebay that do custom switches etc as well as vinyl as suggested, here is a couple of pics to give you an idea

Cheers, given me some good ideas to think on to :)

As you have an aftermarket radio you won't have to worry about codes.

The screws to remove the panel are in each corner of the radio hole.

Remove those and pull the panel to unclip it, a bit of tugging/praying is needed ;)

There should only be two wiring plugs to undo- clock and power socket.

With vinyl just take it slowly and heat it so it stretches and sticks.

If you get wrinkles or folds the heat will allow it to return to shape easily.

I recommend vinyl that is listed as bubblefree, this has fine patterning on the back that allows air to be dispersed on application.

Thanks, sounds relatively easy with my dad and brothers help. Will let you all know how i get on once done. Payday soon ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club