Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Rant

chrisp

I ordered my new car 4 weeks ago on Saturday and was told tht I would get a call within two weeks with an update. I called today as not heard anything and he was busy so just called me back now and said he has 'just recieved an email today and was going to call me today' (I called at 4.30pm, likely story) and he says that it now won't be built until June and I will get it in JULY! I was given a delivery date of the end of May, I think this is digsuting and he obvoouisly had no intention of telling me, this is from BENFIELD FORD on KIRKSTALL ROAD in Leeds.

Chris

I work at a ford dealership and were quoting end of june to beginning of july on most orders... new ones are as far as 16 weeks now! its scairy the delays but its well known!

infact we have been quoting july for 6-7 weeks so i would have assumed they knew this on ordering the car!!

I have a mind to call him back and tell him exactly what I think!

I have a mind to call him back and tell him exactly what I think!

You could do that.

However, the Dealer cannot control the build time in the Factory!

Alot of people are getting told that their vehicles are being delayed, mainly the Titaniums due to lack of 17" alloys.

Out of interest, which one exactly have you ordered?

And which extras? Extras slow production as well, especially with alot of people ordering Titanium Fiestas.

phone up and complain! i know it won't get your car built faster but you might be able to aqquire some freebies due to his error! at the very least i'd expect a key ring for your trouble :lol:

its 3 door with bodykits thats the main issue at the min... or interior packs!!

any of the above = MASSIVE waits :(

i can look on vista for u if u know ur order code? or make model colour extras of the car....

tells u eta or expected build dates etc

If you could look on vista for me:

Fiesta Titanium 1.6TiVCT 3door Sea Gray with BodyKit, X pack and Tech pack - Ordered 27th March...

Is there no way that customers can check this "vista" system for themselves?

I have the uneasy feeling Ronnie that you could be unleashing a torrent of requests here but if it's really not too much trouble......

Fiesta Titanium 1.6TiVCT 5door Sea Gray

ESP + Traction control,

Front and rear parking sensors,

Driver's lumbar support,

16" 15 spoke alloy wheels,

Steel space saver spare wheel,

Mudflaps,

Delete privacy glass

Ordered 31 January

Build date supposedly 15 May

You ordered in January and you haven't got a build date?

And you are still sane!? :lol:

I cant image he can just look on the system and search for the spec you have ordered, 1000s of people will have the same spec. 100% sure he will need the order number.

its rather easy to find believe it or not. u can break it down by colour model drivetrain etc. when i search mine only one comes up! il have a look on saturday an give u an update! :)

if u dont mind me asking whats ur name? (check contract details make sure its ur car when i find it :) )

As for vista its a secure system on ford of europe dealer portal! i cant even get on it at home just at work and im off till saturday so will update as and when i can! sure it will give me something todo when its quiet! i check mine everyday to see if its had a build date added :(

I havent been given a build date yet. when you get a date how long does it take to build & then how long does it take to get here from Germany?

I saw a blue fiesta in the local ford dealers on Friday 1st May and it was still there yesterday with a Sold sign and no number plate!

If you wanted to check mine I ordered:

Zetec S in white

quickclear windscreen

side skirts

interior pack 1

Street pack

bluetooth

Ordered on 4th April

Name: Russell Stevenson

I'll PM you with my name Ronnie.

And yes,jma78b, I'm still sane - at least I think so :P I've been told build date is 15 May but some independent confirmation and any other news would be nice!

if its build date is 15th of may for example! it would be at the dealership mid june. the build dates are updated all the time... mines has a PROJECTED build date of 06/2009 but thats as much as i know... most them ahave the same which means they may be built they may be delayed :(

right il check the following on saturday, Jack, wealdman and jar897.

anybody else will have to wait hahahahaha :)

Thanks Ronnie. The one i saw at the dealers has been there a week without a plate on. yet!.

I'm assuming it's factory built and not one they have in on display . Think I'll pop if i saw mine there for a week waiting for a number plate. :lol:

theres some 3 doors kicking around.... most have no spec etc. we have loads of 5 door zetecs in stock but no 3drs!!

theres some 3 doors kicking around.... most have no spec etc. we have loads of 5 door zetecs in stock but no 3drs!!

Its a 3 door zetec in panther black with USB and bluetooth as an extra, I find it hard to believe that they didn't know about this delay of nearly two months when I ordered it three weeks ago!

id put money on they did but its one of them things... if u cancel it ul end up waiting 16 weeks! im afraid they have u by the short and curlys!!

popped into work today to drop my car off and had a quick look on vista... most fiesta's now have a projected build date and a tdd date... mines is 17th may and 11th of july.

will check all the rest tmw but all the ones i could see had dates added to them.....

popped into work today to drop my car off and had a quick look on vista... most fiesta's now have a projected build date and a tdd date... mines is 17th may and 11th of july.

will check all the rest tmw but all the ones i could see had dates added to them.....

what is a tdd date? Also what are those two dates? Ta! Jon

I'm getting a tad peed off now. I know i'm impatient but... my car is due to be delivered tomorrow to the dealer and then i have to wait for it to have the rear parking sensors put in so i'm hoping that delivery is next week.

My dealer has been on a training course for 2 days and will call me tomorrow. But I just wanna know how much lonnger i'm going to be without a car. I don't like shopping by bus. :lol: I hope, I really really hope, that there is not going to be a longer delay than that.

the first date is when it will enter factory to start build, however its not COMMITED its just projected so may change. they get locked into plant around 2 weeks before hand which is when they can no longer be changed!

TDD stands for something like to dealer date(when u should get it in reality)

hi Ronnie

I am chancing my arm but I've sent you a PM with my order details....... (cheeky smile)

That is interesting to hear cause i have been given a build date of the 19th May and to dealer date of end of May. So only about 10 days apart which seems quite quick compared.