Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window No Longer Automatically Closes

reck

I have a 2013 Focus estate.

The window buttons have two positions, the first position only moves the window while it's held down, if you push the button further into the second position the window closes\opens completly without the need to hold the button.

For some reason the drivers side window no longer works in the second position, and it now works the same as the first position. I have to hold the button down until the window has completly closed.

Do you think this is a mechanical failure or down to something else?

i thought i had this problem too, untill i got really mad with it, started to hammer the button like 100 times (to the second click) and it started working again.

Hope that helps somewhat? :)

I had it on mine too. Only drivers window as well - I never got it figured out!

Brotherdope do you have to hit it a 100 times to get it to work, or could I get away with say 80 or 90?

Seems a strange thing to "fail". It's a little thing really but it's !Removed! irritating to have to sit there holding your finger down to get the window back up. I'll mention it next time I take the car in if no one has any suggestions here.

try reseting the auto close,operate the switch to close the window,release switch for one second and then operate the switch to close and hold for two seconds.this should reset the window,do the same for the down operation.

• Like 1

Well done mintalkin, I did as you suggested and reset my window and it's working again, thanks. Glad I saw this i'd only reached 30 button bashes and my finger was already hurting :wacko:

• Like 1

LMAO! Good effort on counting the button bashes reck! Haha,

like i say i just flapped the switch up and down like an angry pensioner in frustation of it not working properly, and i did as i told it! :P

Cheers for the real solution mintalkin, im sure thats what i must of done while flapping about, but i really had no clue at the time :P

sorry to piggy back this and i'm glad you've got it sorted now.

Does anyone know if there is a way of making the passanger side window automatic on a mk2.5 zetec s? or even the automatic 'up' option of the drivers. the only automatic option i get is with the drivers side going down! bit annoying for a 3 year old car to only have one window with auto functionality don't you think?!!

They need resetting after a battery swap - I've had this a few times. mintalkin is spot on, but my method is slightly different just to ensure it definitely definitely gets reset....

Start with all windows up/closed

1) Press and hold drivers door window auto-down button, keep holding until the window hits the bottom, then continue holding for a further 6 seconds. Let go.

2) Immediately press and hold drivers door window auto-up button, keep holding until the window hits the top/closed, then continue holding for a further 6 seconds.

Repeat for all 2/4 windows, and it'll work again. It's quite annoying!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club