Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion Dashboard Storage Lid Latch

somerton

Hi, i don't know if any one can help but the latch on my 03 Fusion dashboard storage lid has broken. Ford want best part of £100 for a complete lid and do not sell the latch seperately, although it comes out easily enough.

Seems to replace the whole lid most of the radio console and heater control area has to come out and i don't really want to do that otherwise a lid from a scrap car might have helped.

Anyone got a latch or a broken lid with the latch in at a sensible price and i would be pleased to hear about it.

Same if anyone knows where i might get one.

• Like 1

Have a look at the image below, is the part integral to the lid or is it the other highlighted part (Ford call it a Spring - Tensioner).

Finis (part) codes included and approximate price (roughly converted from Euro).

post-28494-0-46662900-1394153924_thumb.j

No, its the latch on the actual lid that is broken. Ford dealer told me that the whole of the radio and heater console has to come out to fit the lid but i now find out that it is just 4 screws that hold the lid in place. Ford want £78 plus VAT for a new lid and thats not on for an 03 car.

The latch comes out easily and is just a push in but no one will sell that on its own. Looks like i will have to go to the scrap man where the lids are around thirty five Pounds delivered.

Thanks for your response.

Guys, I have a similar problem. The latch on the inner part has broken. I'm going to remove it.... has the heater panel/upper dash really got to come out? :(

Thanks Stoney. that looks identical to my mum;s.

I had thought about just removing the return springs and making it an ''unlatchable'' cubby hole. cheap skate way of doing it but its better than having it constantly opened lol

Do we know if the inner tray can be prised out? or does it realy need the whole dash to come out? :)

It looks like the lower tray has spring clips on the outside that hook into the dash.

They may be accessible if you can work out how to pop out the centre air vents.

Yeah I found them (on the side facing away from you). I am thinking a bit of prying may work. ill post up results

It seems that on the 03 plate, which mine is, the lid is held on by four screws under the rubber base mat.

I have a complete lid on its way for £35 including delivery.

Problem solved.

Hi, i don't know if any one can help but the latch on my 03 Fusion dashboard storage lid has broken. Ford want best part of £100 for a complete lid and do not sell the latch seperately, although it comes out easily enough.

Seems to replace the whole lid most of the radio console and heater control area has to come out and i don't really want to do that otherwise a lid from a scrap car might have helped.

Anyone got a latch or a broken lid with the latch in at a sensible price and i would be pleased to hear about it.

Same if anyone knows where i might get one.

I've just sorted mine out.

Remove the rubber mat to reveal the 4 screws across the back. next the hinge.

Gently lever the lugs out to release the spring mechanism from the lid.

As Ford have used some sort of epoxy resin to glue the 2 halfs of the lid together, it cracks apart quite easily upon insertion of a slim screw driver. (Anyone else lost the plastic trim from the door pillars for the same reason; glues no good?)

I found one of the tiny locating lugs on the button had sheared off (They're too small and delicate.) managed a good bodge to get it working again, pin and glue.. You will need some dexterity with glue and making improvisations.

Cheapest route...your local scrap yard.

Nice one, Tom. Any chance of some pics as I#m struggling to see how mine comes out without breaking everything :(

Cheers mate

• 6 months later...

Got a similar problem. This is not a very substantial piece of trim is it?

Where my lid connects to the dashboard, the plastic bits that hold it in place have broken.

Assume just unscrew the four screws as stated earlier in the thread and replace entire unit from someone breaking a fusion?

• 4 months later...

Hi all

My catch broke on my lid but manage to get one from a breakers yard for £10 worth a look

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 months later...

struggling still to find a lid, everytime I find a breaker on eBay, it has either already gone - or more commonly it is already broken...

seriously thinking I might have to Shell out £70 odd for a new one. Doesn't seem much point in a 2nd hand one that is only going to last 5 mins anyway.

Or maybe I'll just leave it - after all its probably just another trim rattle to avoid ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got one from a breaker for £10 with a bit of footwell trim thrown in!

Of course, I'd lost the original screws though :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I struggled to get one so built a gauge pod on mine instead

• 5 years later...

Please start a new thread instead of posting to a dead one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk