Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Focus Issues

Thebug

We bought a 61 plate focus zetec 1.6 petrol about 4 weeks ago now and we have a few problems the dealer. Can't diagnose so could do with a little help please,

Firstly about a week after getting it we were sitting at the lights when the car started shaking and the gear lever going mad from side to side, it was in gear with my foot on the clutch and brake, I had to turn the car off and start it back up to normal. It has done it 3 times now

Second thing is every now and again when reversing you get a loud bang come from the back end, it has happened 5 or 6 times it's like you have hit something but there's nothing there, now I have been under and checked the exhaust and that's fine.

Third thing is my other half was going down a 50 mph road and when she came to slow down it would only let her select 2nd gear no 3rd or 4th

Now would like to get this sorted before the warranty runs out if possible but ford say the ain't got a clue

Oh and it's had a new rocker cover gasket last week to fix a leak but they broke the skittle panel doing it so it's got to go in for a new one of them next week

Did this come from a Ford dealer?

im sure ford have a tsb about shaking transmissions it sounds like either a clutch or syncromesh issue which have both been reported on this model as well as spoiler leaks and condensation in the rear

Did this come from a Ford dealer?

Yes from Evans halshaw

im sure ford have a tsb about shaking transmissions it sounds like either a clutch or syncromesh issue which have both been reported on this model as well as spoiler leaks and condensation in the rear

Is there any way of checking these issues as dealer are useless

not sure if youres is an auto but i got this Some 2012 focus
vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a
shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition
does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the
clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT
ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS service MESSAGE WITH THE
CUSTOMER.

theres a few issues ive read with this on the manual but ford have no answer apparently

the bang have you checked the spare wheel well to see if the wheel or jack is held in place securely this would make that noise if its not that then ide have the suspension and engine and gearbox mounts inspected

you will need to annoy youre dealer to get these issues fixed if they have no answers tell them it isnt normal so you want a full free inspection done

not sure if youres is an auto but i got this Some 2012 focus

vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a

shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition

does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the

clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT

ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE

CUSTOMER.

theres a few issues ive read with this on the manual but ford have no answer apparently

the bang have you checked the spare wheel well to see if the wheel or jack is held in place securely this would make that noise if its not that then ide have the suspension and engine and gearbox mounts inspected

you will need to annoy youre dealer to get these issues fixed if they have no answers tell them it isnt normal so you want a full free inspection done

Sorry should have said the car is a manual, and yes had everything out the boot and made sure the spare and jack etc are secure so it's not that

Do you have any non Evans Halshaw Ford dealers near you?

It is under warranty, a Ford dealer should fix it.

Either that or take it back and say you want a refund, then see if they don't fix it.

evans halshaw from experience couldnt find a pint glass in a busy pub mate so i wouldnt really listen to them theyre great at knowing whats wrong but waiting till the warranty runs out and not actually looking at youre car but dealing with those who have paid to have work done and telling you theyve looked at youre car clearly something is amiss then the bang im thinking is a gearbox or engine mount which may explain the shudder also as above ide look for a non evans halshaw dealer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club