Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Having To Put Code It Stereo Now And Then?

leehurky

Hi all help needed its not all the time but when i go to the car i have to put the code in the stereo? i have checked all wires/plugs on back and all are ok.

do you guys have any ideas what it could be, the first time it just went off whilst driving and refused to show any signs of life for 2 days but since i have had to put the code in 3 times in 2 weeks

cheers

lee

Try checking the battery terminals, then have a look at the radio fuses just in case one is loose.

Loose fuse or earthing point possibly?

checked all fuses all seem to be fine

battery may need replaced if its weak or has sa faulty cell it wont store the info a free battery check will tell you if thts the case or not

Got the battery checked the other week 3 weeks ago as the wife left the boot open with the light on for over a day to find out it being flat so went and got it checked and they tested it and said it just needs charging

Loose connection on the permanent live?

Right been out to the car this morning, the negative terminal was a little loose so i tightened it up, also put a metre across it and there is only 11.99 v seems a little low, this battery was charged only a few weeks ago

battery is either not the right one ie silver calcium or its faulty then the code will only be asked for if the battery has got so low that the ecu cant keep the memory alive which is whats happening so the battery is either incorrect spec has a duff cell or is just simply passed it the ecu will also be losing memory such as driving style etc so fuel economy may have gone down you may also experience the dials doing a sweep when you start the car

i think you may be right, the battery on the car is a ford battery,that might be the original, but i got this battery checked and the garage said it was fine just needed a charge? the fuel economy i think has gone down aswell,

when a battery gets to a certain age and runs down theres just no way of recovering them if they understood the ford system they would know that the battery gets up to 14.4v pumped through it to charge the battery so if the battery is in good condition it should rarely need charged unless the cars being left for long periods of time like 2 weeks without moving if theres a ford near you they would do a free battery and load test on it for you have you started the car and done the dash trick to see what the battery charging voltage reads

just done it and the battery voltage is 9.8-9.9-10 v going inbetween the 2 also 1 dtc found ran my reader onit and its battery low voltage

battery is caput then with a new battery on the same trick should show 12v-14.4v on it it coukld be an alternator issue also hence why i said have a dealer do a free test but its likely the battery

i did the test without the engine running

still too low it should show 12.4v minimum without engine on again battery mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club