Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl Help

M4RC

You tried them the other way round ? As LEDs are one way flow only

Yeah I know my pos and neg haha

Yeh but just because the wires are that colour... Worth a try. To eliminate. Otherwise if they definitely work with a straight feed it's your relay not wired up right. or the LEDs. if you have a multimeter check while it's wired up where you have feed to and where your losing it.

Where you picking your live and earth up from ?

Check the rings work straight from your battery, to confirm they still work.

I already tried it the other way but nothing aswell, I'll give it another bash tomorrow night. It's defo wired right as it was working with my 19v charger also I'm an electrician so know a bit about this stuff haha

Okay, well just use your multimeter to trace the feed then ? might have a loose connection or something, double check they work straight from the battery too and then you know for definite :)

Okay, well just use your multimeter to trace the feed then ? might have a loose connection or something, double check they work straight from the battery too and then you know for definite :)

Yeah I'll just trace it out with the multimeter, also just taking the relaly directly from the battery, defo no loose connections. You a sparky too ? Haha

Yehh must be losing it somewhere, otherwise it's a duff relay. I'm an electrical and mechanical engineer so sort of yeh :) Hahaa do electrics and mechanical.

Yeah, could be. I'll have a look tommorow. I could tell ;)

Yehhh, good luck and give me a shout if your struggling :) sometimes a second opinion helps. Hahaa you do house electrics or automotive or both ?

Yeah, cheers ;). Just house electrics and a bit of solar panels :)

No worries mate :) and good stuff

Still no luck :(. Tried them the other way round but it's defo the right way as it sparks when putting the negative on so that also shows it's making a full circuit. I'm beginning to wonder if the the constant current drivers not working with the relay? My testers in the van :(.

post-48575-0-19363100-1394042822_thumb.j

Damn :( yehh, and if they work with a straight feed you know the rings are good, You putting them on your fogs or ? Could always wire them straight to the ignition or sidelights, and not have them dim.

Yeah rings are good. Infact it can't be the current drivers not working with the relay as it works fine through my 19v laptop charger so maybe it's just not enough power to run them. Also was just gonna stick them on the fogs yeah

Yehhh weird :/ it's definately a 12v relay etc though ? Not a 24, have to check all the feeds etc with your meter and go from there. Well if worst comes you could just wire them to sidelights ?

Yeah, there defiantly both 12v, just checked. When I get my tester I'll give that ago. Wiring them to the sidelights sounds like a plan, pretty much have the sidelights on all the time anyway them they would also come on when unlocking the car etc. do you have any idea what cables it is for the sidelights? As in the colours at the connector

Yehh good idea, probs be better to be honest mate if your not too bothered about them dimming :) I don't off the top of my head sorry man, I'm sure someone on here has a wiring diagram or knowledge of it though :)

I'll just find it with the tester anyway, still need to wait for the casting though?

Yeh don't see why not ? Aslong as there not super bright at night Hahaa. Good find :) post a picture when you manage to wire them up dude.

Hopefully not :/. I will do ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club