Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta 1.4 Noise

diddles

Hi, I've got a 1.4 zetec fiesta and when warm it makes this noise at around 1,000rpm. Any ideas?

I'm not a profesional but how does it sound when the A/C is on? Almost sounds like the belt is being dragged by a bad bearing.

That noise is similar to a noise mine makes when idling almost as if making a wobbling noise, but the noise on mine sometimes is there and sometimes isn't it only becomes audible at idle for me, nothing seems to make it worse or better I have come to the conclusion that it's related to the stretch belt rather than timing as the stretch belt on mine is a little squeeky when cold or a few minutes, listen to my video, the oscillating noise it the one, although it could just be the lifters making a bit of noise it's hard to tell.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the replys. It sounds exactly the same with the a/c on, doesn't make a difference.

Only happens when warm and only when you blip the throttle or when coasting and the revs are just above 1,000 rpm. It's quite easy to hear when inside the car and really annoying!

Yours does sound quite similar, but be a dry bearing but would of thought it would be all the time or worse when the revs get higher.

Mine isn't audible inside from what I hear it's more of the normal valvetrain noise from the revolution of cogs on the cams, mine actually is intermittent as it will stop if I blip the throttle, when it was serviced and the MOT was done my mechanic never said anything and is a friend + I used to work there so he would if he thought anything much, it's a difficult noise to find the actual whereabouts as it doesn't seem to pin point anywhere, I also believe it could be a sound from the exhaust in my case because that little hole in the back box makes the thing sound like it's blowing when idle.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

I want to take the alternator and A/C belts off to see if the noise goes, so I know it's not the timing belt tensioner or anything else to do with the timing belt.

What's the best way to remove and install these belts without replacing or cutting them. Thanks

I would say you can't really, as its a stretch belt, I wouldn't run the engine for long with the belts off as the water pump is driven via the back of the belt, mine hasn't made the noise for a couple of runs now I think yours is different.

That's a bit annoying as I only want to see if the noises goes, as it happens all the time when warmed up so will only need the belts off for a few minutes.

What happens to the noise if you put the heated screens on with the AC and lights that should load the alternator enough to either prove or disprove the alternator or ac compressor bearings, with mine I'm leaning towards a slightly misaligned AC belt rocking pump bearing as it seems to happen only every other revolution if at all, and very often goes away when warm, the belts can make quite the noise if misaligned because of how tight they are, mine was way off and made a clicking noise until warm at one point similar to your noise.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Well I used my air con on the way home from work just and upon arriving home the noise is a little harsher and occurring more often, I have had this before if I went out tommorow it would do it for a few minutes then stop, I put it down to the fact that I'm using it for the first time in 8 years and the thing is reluctant to work free.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club