Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.2 Ka Drinking Fuel

kagirlxx

hi everyone im new to this site so hi to all right my problem I brought a 1.2 ka 61 2012 plate just over a month ago and it feels like im driving a2 ltr it drinks so quickly and I mean quickly I don't even drive around a lot but should it really use a tank in a week ? the most ive had out of it around town is 280 now to me this is not good I can see that needle move when im driving and im not heavy footed so any ideas also I can not see any patches on the ground or smell petrol any advise would be good because im lost on this one thanks :wacko:

Whats the mileage? it could be that the engine isnt fully run in yet?

hi thanks for your its just gone on to 11000 so id say its defo run in saying that im not totally up on stuff of cars but i no well think this is not right it only costs me about 45 max to fill it is it me i had a citreon c1 before that ran on thin air and yes i understand this will use more but i just feel like im constantly putting petrol in

280 miles off a 35-40 litre tank (at a guess?) is still pretty low, it would suggest there is something wrong, is it well serviced?

I would say get it to Ford for a review!

you need to be a bit more accurate with amount of fuel, and monitor the mileage till it hits the samer point you last refilled.

dont buy petrol at the moment, so if petrol is around 1.30 p/litre, £45 will be approx 35 litres, which is approx 7 gallons

280 miles on 7 gallons = 40mpg...

not sure what the expected fuel consumption is on a KA, but if ive got the figures roughly right, 40mpg around town doesnt sound too bad to me

280 miles off a 35-40 litre tank (at a guess?) is still pretty low, it would suggest there is something wrong, is it well serviced?

I would say get it to Ford for a review!

hi thanks for reply im getting mixed answers im taking it to ford tomorrow and i will mention it to them and see what they say other than that its a lovely little car :)

thats why you need to be more accurate with the numbers..plus be sure you are using all the fuel you have put in or if you refill at a point that was slightly more or slightly less than last time..

how many litres are you getting for £45, have you judged the mileage at the precise (or close as possible) point the guage returns to, when you refilled

in other words, is that 280 miles using 6/7 or 8 gallons..makes a huge difference in working out consumption figures

• 8 years later...

Ford KA+ zetec 17 plate 1200miles. Around town under 30mpg long motorway run c65mph may get 49mpg. Previously peugeot 307sw town mileage 50mpg, long run across Spain  60mpg 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club