Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power-Fold Mirrors

nandohb

Hi,

I've just bought an '07 Fusion and I have one problem with it - the power-fold mirrors. Both sides works fine but the driver side makes clicking noise when it has traveled the maximum distance inwards and seems like it wants to travel more when it touches the car.. I've seen methods to re-calibrate electric windows on Renaults and I'm hoping some of you will tell me that there's a way of re-calibrating the distance the mirrors travel for Ford. I believe this has happened because the car has been sitting for some time and the last owner recently replaced the battery to sell the car. Any input will be appreciated!

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

On 3/5/2014 at 10:45 AM, nandohb said:

Hi,

I've just bought an '07 Fusion and I have one problem with it - the power-fold mirrors. Both sides works fine but the driver side makes clicking noise when it has traveled the maximum distance inwards and seems like it wants to travel more when it touches the car.. I've seen methods to re-calibrate electric windows on Renaults and I'm hoping some of you will tell me that there's a way of re-calibrating the distance the mirrors travel for Ford. I believe this has happened because the car has been sitting for some time and the last owner recently replaced the battery to sell the car. Any input will be appreciated!

new driver here and this is my first car, I'm having the exact same problem with my '07 Fusion but now they don't fold or open when I use the key or start the car either, I have to do it by manually using the switch, any help would be great on how to reset it.

Thanks in advance.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Jaquesy said:

I'm having the exact same problem with my '07 Fusion

Do you mean that you're having the exact same different problem ?

The post has been dead for 8 years and the OP's problem was...

On 3/5/2014 at 10:45 AM, nandohb said:

Both sides works fine but the driver side makes clicking noise when it has traveled the maximum distance inwards and seems like it wants to travel more

At least Ford have eliminated the possibility of problems with power fold mirrors on the final run of Fiestas!😃

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

At least Ford have eliminated the possibility of problems with power fold mirrors on the final run of Fiestas!😃

Don't I know it. I only have about 1 inch clearence on each wing mirror entering my garage now they don't fold electrically. Folding them in by hand is a pain!

24 minutes ago, jsk said:

Don't I know it. I only have about 1 inch clearence on each wing mirror entering my garage now they don't fold electrically.

There's an after market fix available.  ---- It's called a bigger garage 🤣

On the plus side, it won't be long before you can buy power fold mirrors from Ali Express 👍

• Haha 2

668012955_DodgyMirrors.thumb.jpg.4b556597f253b9eed49e288f0f44b60c.jpg

Not tried this,

but my advice is to subscribe to Car Mechanics......

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, unofix said:

Do you mean that you're having the exact same different problem ?

The post has been dead for 8 years and the OP's problem was...

both sides fold in but the drivers side doesn't fully, it clicks multiple times and I have to manually push it closed the rest of the way, and for some reason when I lock/unlock the car with key remote the mirrors don't fold in or out anymore I have to again manually do it with the switch but I can fully adjust mirrors up down etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club