Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Tdci Zetec Injector Seals

chippy1

Hi does the Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Zetec injector seals suffer the same problems as the 1.4 Tdci engine does ?

• Like 1

News to me,,,, I've read they both suffered in one way or another ? Mine was leaking when I got the car, but was fixed by simply tightening the two bolts that hold the injector in place... DON'T OVERTIGHTEN THOUGH.

• Like 1

So is this the same engine as used in the the ford focus 1.6 Tdci ?

Yes. All of the 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 and latest 2.2 diesel ford engines are same! They are made by PSA Group (Peugeot-Citroen) and are used in Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Mazda and BMW Mini.

Yes. All of the 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 and latest 2.2 diesel ford engines are same! They are made by PSA Group (Peugeot-Citroen) and are used in Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Mazda and BMW Mini.

Thanks for info i cant decide if to take a chance or not

Guys, I need some genuine advice. I would like to know how reliable is the 1.6 TDCI 8valve engine used in Ford Fiesta. I own a 2006 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI which clocked over 100,000 kms and I faced some common problems like injector seal leakages, radiator fan that failed earlier than expected but was able to rectify all the problems immediately with the help of a friendly neighbourhood mechanic. So I can say that my Fiesta has been fairly reliable. Now I am in the market for a new car and I would like to know if there are any common problems prevailing in the Fiesta ? In my country, we get a Ford Fiesta with 1.5 TDCI 8v engine which is derived from 1.6 TDCI and it doesnt come with a DPF. How reliable are TDCI engines without DPF? Is still Ford 1.6 TDCI 8v post 2008 considered as a problematic engine? Is the reliability of the 1.6 TDCI similar to toyota's 1.4 D-4D ? please kindly advice based upon your experiences. Thank you.

I think if your referring to the mk7 fiesta 1.6tdci, it's fairly reliable. Had mine nearly a year now and it's not missed a beat (touch wood). The earlier ones had trouble with turbos blowing due to carbonised oil from dodgy injectors. But this was rectified by the introduction of the newer shape. Others may have other ideas, but from my point of view, mines been fine up to now.

• Like 1

Thank you very much bro, Here in India it has been launched in 2012 in Mk6 Fiesta. The new one MK7 Fiesta (aston martin grill) like the one you have is going to be launched next month as a facelift. But they are going to use the same engine in the MK6 fiesta. People here buy Ford Ecosport like crazy and it comes with the same 1.5 TDCI engine. According to our govt rules we get tax benefits if the engine is under 1500cc and if the car is under 4meters in length. So Ecosport is 1498cc and 3999mm in length. I like fiesta because its a drivers car and tax on Fiesta is partly exempted due to engine capacity but not its length. Like I said, 1.5 TDCI is derived from 1.6TDCI by keeping the Bore size same as 73mm and by reducing the stroke to 88.3mm. But this engine in my country is fairly new. Since 2012 there weren't much Fiesta's sold due to poor pricing strategy by Ford India which made people think that its not a value for money proposition. And the current 1.5 TDCI oil burner still has to prove itself. Even my Fiesta 1.4 TDCI in the year 2006 were sold like crazy but later people experienced those common problems. I dont want to be a lab rat for Ford again. Ecosport has been launched just 6-8 months ago as of now no complaints whatsoever but you guys in UK have been using the same engine from a long time so I thought you guys would help me in knowing the insights of this engine better and common problems that I might encounter.

Thanks for info i cant decide if to take a chance or not

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club