Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car's been booked in....

Mark M.K

Hi all,

It seems after just 6 months, problems have started showing up on my new Fiesta. Shes been booked in on the 27th May for the following faults:

Rear Washer jet motor making strange noises

Radio not working sometimes

Passanger rear side trim falling off

Rattles in the following areas, Glove box/air vent and drivers door

indicator swtich not clicking off when going left

Boot not opening sometimes

:unsure: Also having a go at ford for the poor qulitaly of the floor mats....

Apart from the above, all is fine :lol:

the mats, are a problem for me too... ive had car for 6months, an 5000 miles, an there is a hole on the drivers side and all thread coming out :(

The mats need to be sorted out, they are just all messed up looking about 5 years old...

Good luck. O and i have my last Uni exam on the 27th!! WOOP WOOP

the mats, are a problem for me too... ive had car for 6months, an 5000 miles, an there is a hole on the drivers side and all thread coming out :(

You should have got some at Mountune yesterday - I love mine, very thick quality.

Thats quite a list of things faulty, the passenger door trim falling off is terrible :o :o mine goes in tomorrow regarding the indicator - same issue as yours, also about reverse gear - which actually has improved alot over the last couple of weeks.

You should have got some at Mountune yesterday - I love mine, very thick quality.

How much?

or were they in the package?

Can i have some too? :) i HATE the ford ones!

Got mine for free, as I had to go back for my wheels to be fitted - nice of them I thought.

Just phoned up Mountune, and its a whopping £49 for a set of mats! :o :o

Really? OMG I got a right touch there then lol. Spoke today about mountune scuff plates - gave them an idea of what I would like so watch this space!!!

Hi all,

It seems after just 6 months, problems have started showing up on my new Fiesta. Shes been booked in on the 27th May for the following faults:

I really hate reading posts like this :blink: I'm almost expecting my car to fall apart now, when it finally arrives :unsure:

I hope Ford get all this fixed quickly for you Mark :) Equally hoping that my one never develops these problems ;)

Hi all,

Sorry to hear this Mark--I hope you get it sorted pdq--we all want our happy Mark back!

However, I agree with you about the mats--they are a bit cheap and cheerful but as yet they haven't worn out........

The indicator not cancelling is a pain in the a**e but I've just about got used to it now! ;)

I also don't like reading stuff like that. Are all ford fiesta's lemons?

Hopefully not.

Not all really.. mine has no probs yet touch wood, just need a new speaker for passenger side which is on some back order or something they say.... oh an the mats got a hole in :(

I also don't like reading stuff like that. Are all ford fiesta's lemons?

Hopefully not.

Of course not....you can make thousands of cars but mistakes occur....after all nobody's perfect are they?

Well, except me of course!!! :lol:

You'll always get teething problems with new cars--what's more important is how you are treated if you have any problems.

Hence why I try to buy from my local dealer--I always get prompt and courteous service as they value my business--unlike an agent who's only interested in the sale......and my money of course!

Wassup with your speaker johnny?

Hedgepig course your perfect :rolleyes:

I know new things have teething problems. I'm used to that with small gadgets (Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Storm sheesh). But the Fiesta is going to be my biggest gadget and its kinda expensive to return! I think it should be ok and my only problem with it will probably be the small amount of mileage I do. Should have just got a bicycle :lol:

Just phoned up Mountune, and its a whopping £49 for a set of mats! :o :o

Well i paid £25 for my crap Ford mats and if ford wont do anything about them im probably going to have to replace them so thats £50 for two lots of crap mats, may try and get my money back and just get the Mountune ones...

Hedgepig course your perfect :rolleyes:

Glad you've noticed!! :lol::lol:

Well i paid £25 for my crap Ford mats and if ford wont do anything about them im probably going to have to replace them so thats £50 for two lots of crap mats, may try and get my money back and just get the Mountune ones...

I shall see what Ford says next week when i pop down there, but i think i will be going for the Mountune mats aswell once we get paid next week :P

I also got a e-mail quote from Mountune,

They are finished with yellow stitching and Mountune logo's embroided inboth sides. They are £49 inc VAT. Best regards, David ***** Technical Co-ordinator

Last name edited out for security reasons :)

[quote name='hedgepig' date='May 7 2009, 08:59 PM' post='23317'

You'll always get teething problems with new cars--what's more important is how you are treated if you have any problems.

Our C*****n C4 Picasso is now 13months old - touch wood it hasn't had or got a single niggle or fault and we haven't been anywhere near the dealer since the day we drove it off the forecourt when we picked it up! The dealer even managed to get the car ready on time as promised and fitted the mudflaps and euro style plates as promised and the car was the best prepared/valeted I have seen in a long time. Even now, they paintwork is swirl free.

Our Fiesta was a day later than promised, they forgot to fit mudflaps, didn't fit euro style no. plates as promised and car wasn't that clean. Don't think it had its final valet as it was no cleaner than we looked at it a few days earlier and they said it still needs its final valet - there was dust and little bits in the interior, windows very smeary inside etc. Dealer replaced plates with correct ones - but were cr@p quality and front backing was "cracking" behind numbers. Replacement set ordered - rear one didn't even get on car as it was delaminating already. Reaplcement front one - cracking on letter backing again - Complete new set on order - dealer moaning how much it is costing them in new plates!!! They didn't reply when I said we had spent £12k on a brand new car and wanted it to be right and it was also costing us in time and money as well as incovenience bringing the car back to them!! The car is now 1 month old and waiting for its 4TH!!!!!!! set of Number plates (if you include the original non euro style ones they changed).

Our Fiesta was a day later than promised, they forgot to fit mudflaps, didn't fit euro style no. plates as promised and car wasn't that clean. Don't think it had its final valet as it was no cleaner than we looked at it a few days earlier and they said it still needs its final valet - there was dust and little bits in the interior, windows very smeary inside etc. Dealer replaced plates with correct ones - but were cr@p quality and front backing was "cracking" behind numbers. Replacement set ordered - rear one didn't even get on car as it was delaminating already. Reaplcement front one - cracking on letter backing again - Complete new set on order - dealer moaning how much it is costing them in new plates!!! They didn't reply when I said we had spent £12k on a brand new car and wanted it to be right and it was also costing us in time and money as well as incovenience bringing the car back to them!! The car is now 1 month old and waiting for its 4TH!!!!!!! set of Number plates (if you include the original non euro style ones they changed).

Oops, I guess you won't be recommending them then! :rolleyes:

My dealer (Shepshed Ford) has been first class and I would happily recommend them to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the day my car goes in! I've been given a right crappy hire car! Its a old shape 2008 1.4 fiesta diesel!!! its so !Removed! slow!. Will update when i get my car back....(sooner the better!)

I really hate reading posts like this :blink: I'm almost expecting my car to fall apart now, when it finally arrives :unsure:

I hope Ford get all this fixed quickly for you Mark :) Equally hoping that my one never develops these problems ;)

I don't like reading posts like this either :( .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club