Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 1.6 Tdci Servicing

Bon

Hi guys, newbie here so be gentle!!

I've had my June 2011 mk2.5 for a few months now (it's a dream compared to my DSG Golf that cost me nearly £3k in repairs during the 18 months I owned it!!).

It's just done 31k miles and the "oil service" reminder has started to flash every time I turn on the ignition.

It's got a full dealer history with one service at roughly 12.5k in May '12 and another (plus brake fluid change) at 19.5k in April '13.

I rang Ford to ask them what service it needed and was quoted £258 for a major service as it's the third service the car will have had. He said I could just have an oil change service if I wanted for £99 (although what I actually want is for my car to be serviced in line with the manufacturer's recommendations without getting fleeced!)

I've done some research and understand that the sequence is 2 minor, then 1 major at roughly every 12.5k miles so this backs up what Ford have told me, but it just seems like a lot of servicing!

I think what's thrown me is the one at 19.5k as this shouldn't have been done until 25k (although it didn't do a lot of miles so maybe this was done as a 12 month service).

So, do I get an oil service done, or do I bite the bullet and get the major service done?

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit confused so any advice you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

other garages will do the full service for less than ford you could also help youreself by replacing the air filter and pollen filter youreself then tell them they have been done youll find the cost is a lot less than the money it cost to replace these two parts

ford are robbing buggers..... just come of the phone for service parts air/oil filter and oil.. (only 5ltr) as i have 0.5 left over from last time... with vat must be approx 90 quid... i coughed n coughed lol

oil filter 11.86 minus vat

oil 5ltr 38.14 minus vat

air filter 19.27 minus vat

id get it serviced, but i would do it myself, ive never ran a car so long that the service light actually came on.... i do mine every 4-5k, air and oil change.... fuel filter once a year

""t's got a full dealer history with one service at roughly 12.5k in May
'12 and another (plus brake fluid change) at 19.5k in April '13.""

i then would have done it again at 24-25 then at 30k

so it will need a fuel filter also, easy enough to do if ur confident.....

fuel filter cartridge, £25. oil filter £8.00.. air filter £12..... oil £28 (5w30 fully synth)... and 2hr labour.... all pattern parts (oe spec) not from ford.....