Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Does The Least Driving Per Year?

Hjalle

So its back to Uni for me this week and with a bunch of academic readings to do I feel its time for some procrastinating

I was going through the used cars in the paper the other day for something to do when I came across a 2002 Astra with 12,000km's/7,500 miles on the clock! I didnt even know that was possible. My challenge is to see who does the least amount of km's/miles per year in their Fiesta.

I probably wont get very far with about 25,000km's/ 15,500 miles a year

Do about 6000mls done bout 3800 so far not had it a year till july only drive it twice a week unless I'm on hols the wife drives it every day but only 5 or 6 miles to work and back so enjoy giving it a blast on the dual carriageway when I can ( drive about 35/40000 a year in company van )

Got My car brand new is 4 years old and has done 13,000 miles so far . So that's 3,250 miles a year average .. Don't drive to work so my car is a weekly shopping / road trip machine ;)

I've been to France - Belgium - Germany - Holland on the ferry in it and popped up to London ... :)

My daughters 06 plate Fiesta had 16000 miles on it when she bought it last July. Now up to 22k

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Ford OC mobile app

300-400 per month, around 4000 per year

Car has done 32000 in 19 years :)

12,000/yr. Mine's an '02 with 95,000 on the clock. Had 90,000 when I got it late September last year. One before that had 72,000 but had terminal engine damage from a previous owner so had to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Had min a year and done 45k in it looks like I want win. I used mine 6days a week it's my work car lol

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

So its back to Uni for me this week

Ah yes, good old Uni. I have an exam on Tuesday and revision has taken over my existence! Work full time hours Monday-Friday then revision every night and weekend! Uni day is Saturday for me 10-16:30

Back on topic, I have clocked up 5,400 miles in the first 12 months of ownership. I use my car every day in the week for going to work (14 mile round trip) and then to Uni most Saturday's (32 mile round trip).

I will be nowhere near the bottom! Had my fiesta a year in April and done 18k

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I will be nowhere near the bottom! Had my fiesta a year in April and done 18k

Sampling those lovely Berkshire roads, like me... *end sarcasm*

Of course :')

Only popped two tyres on potholes this year!

Where in Berkshire are you?

A stone cracked my windscreen too, neither of us have much luck! Just outside of reading, you?

Ah good old Berkshire hahah :')

Just outside Reading too :p

had mine since the end of October and have done 1564 miles

So that's 3,250 miles a year average

Looks like Lee is winning at the moment with 3,250 miles, is there anyone with less?

Car has done 32000 in 19 years :)

Crazy to think what you do in 19 years, I manage to clock up in about 2 :o

Ah yes, good old Uni. I have an exam on Tuesday and revision has taken over my existence! Work full time hours Monday-Friday then revision every night and weekend! Uni day is Saturday for me 10-16:30

Woah thats a brutal schedule - I cant complain being classified as full time with 12 contact hours, 2 days a week and work the other 3 but the 200-250 pages of academic reading a week is a killer. At least I get to do plenty of driving which is nice and relaxing! Best of luck for the exam

im probably at the bottom, got the car in september and done 9800 already :( stupid drive from york to swansea every other weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine is 4 years old and just turned over on 11k.

I have use of other vehicles so the Fez is mainly used at weekends.

About 6-7k miles per year, mostly commuting just 17 miles a day. The car is 5 years old and has just over 28k miles on it :). I bought it 2nd hand though, still feels like a new car to drive.

• 9 months later...

Mk4 golf. Old friend of mine Drove it to postoffice and back. It had 2,700 miles when he died and i brought it from family.

I don't do a lot at all,if i do 50miles a week area.

Last year i did around 2500 to 3000 miles,its mainly there for emergencies/local shopping.

Last car had 25,000 on the clock.had it just under 3 years,32,000 when i sold it.

This car gets a good blast once a month on a long road.

Home carer.

I have my insurance set to 5000 per year, and so far with only a little time left before renewal I've done less than 4000 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I did 1,450 miles in my ZSE over 10 months before I swapped it for my Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I don't do a lot at all,if i do 50miles a week area.

Last year i did around 2500 to 3000 miles,its mainly there for emergencies/local shopping.

Last car had 25,000 on the clock.had it just under 3 years,32,000 when i sold it.

This car gets a good blast once a month on a long road.

Home carer.

Wish a did low miles I do a lot because of my work in same as you pretty much I'm a support worker for disabled persons I do about 10-12k a year but I recon if I didn't have this job it would be less than half that

my mum in her w reg puma 1.7,year before last i took it for the mot and looked at the mileage and she had done under 1k for the year :o

last year it need a new cam belt and major service,and 2 weeks ago needed a new clutch.iirc its got 90k? on the clock and she bought it 2nd hand about 10 years ago.working it out it costs her a fortune to keep it on the road.

but at 82 years young anyone WANT to tell her to hang up her keys,COZ i aint !Removed! brave enough. :rolleyes:

• Like 1