Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Preasure

Big_dom91

Hello guys and girls so had the car the car in for 4 wheel alignment today post-37742-139422105819_thumb.jpg

Anyway got speaking to the fella afterwards and he asked me what preasure i used in the tyres to which i told him about 31 for the front and 33 for the back as thats what the manual says anyways he reccomended that i should try 36psi all round as it will help with even tyre wear and will probally be better due to the cars weight so jist wondering if this would be ok or not before i go air happy with the pump :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I've wondered this too. I always used to stick in what the sticker says, but find whenever I get the car back from a service it has higher pressures.

On my Fiesta I even got warned of uneven tire wear due to low pressures. I always stick in about 2psi more than the sticker says now. Even that is lower than what the garage seems to do.

i have 225/40/18. 34 all round..... ment to be 33 i think.... i currently have even tyre wear of 6mm across all four. so the local tyre fitted stated..... but steering feels a tad heavy. on standard setting on the computer

I have 33 all round, but when the car is moving the air inside warms up and expands. You're probably looking at a 3-4PSI increase. So if you set it cold to 33, you'll actually be running on 36 or 37.

• Like 1

Hi folks

I was running on full load pressures for years until i got my mk3 focus's

It led to an unstable front end at high motorway speeds espech when wet and braking so dont be tempted to go tooo high

Jamie

• Like 1

Cheers guys i might pop the garage on the way home and try it out like:unsure:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Depending on loading weight the recommended cold tyre pressure for a Focus is 31psi.

If I have to pump up my tyres when warm I go to 33psi.

Too high and you get excessive centre tread wear, a harder ride and loss of grip.

Too low and you get edge wear, more chance of damaged rims and increased fuel consumption.

I had my fronts at 36PSI for a bit and found the ride was pretty harsh and I was getting the traction control coming on far more when accelerating hard. Dropped to 33 after I had new rears put on. Much nicer ride, less liable to try and spin the wheels, and my fuel consumption actually seems better.

Stick with recommended tyre pressure guys. When the car is stationery foot print of the tyre spreads more, when the tyre is rolling foot print decreases, reducing the amount of rubber touching the ground, higher tyre pressure will create a balloon rounded shape whilst rolling and as bigd said pressure will increase when the tyre is heated up.

This excessive tyre pressure will create uneven tyre wear, the Middle of the tyre will wear out far more than the rest.

Higher pressure is required for heavy loads it all depends what your using your car for but don't put excessive tyre pressure it will kill your grip once upto working temperatures

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

29 front 30 rear when warm this is 32 front 31 rear too much youll lose grip and it wont help wear it will simply wear the middle out quicker ford sticker is usually assuming 3 12 stone passengers are in the car if not and its just you on a petrol 29 is a good pressure

That sounds like a very logical answer artscot79.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club