Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New St - 2 Next Week. Help Needed

ZS_John

I am not sure if this has been asked before so sorry if it has and if you could point me in the right direction then I would be grateful.

I have just been into my Polar ford today and managed to walk out ordering a 14 plate new Spirt blue ST-2 Fiesta with style pack absolutely can't wait !!!

Because I have a week or so before I get it I was going to buy a few lights for it ready for when I get it. I think I have found the dipped is H11 so I am going for the Phillips Blue vision but I would like to get some number plate lights and change the reversing lights but I am not to sure what bulbs they are.

If anyone could tell me what the bulbs are for the number plate lights and reversing are I would be grateful then I can get them ordered :)

Cheers

PS anything anyone would recommend as a must have on them as well then feel free to tell as all the help would be very helpful as it will be my first sporty car so I'm in the unknown a bit. So cheers in advance :)

The sidelights and reversing lights are a 501/T10 bulb, check my project guide for links and pictures :)

Nice one fella will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

You are going to LOVE your ST. have you test drove one??

Is your car already in the country?? Polar promised me an ST with in a week then continually put the date back and back until i cancelled and went to peoples. had my car within two days

Yeah I test drove a white one and didn't really see it's potential as the guy with me was a bit of a !Removed! !

I went in last week and the day after a blue one the spec I wanted got delivered into Liverpool so they put my deposit down and said I could have it with in 10 days. So they said hopefully it will be the 14th :D

Can't wait like I said it's the first kind sporty car I have had and from the test drive it was great :)

You might be able to help me as I think I may have order the wrong lights. Are the dipped H11 ? Or something different as I have checked two different forums and they say different things ?

The dipped beam are h7 If it's the same as the zs, then the main beam are h1 when you have the led daytime running light :)

Cheers. Yeah I've got the wrong ones !

It must of been the US spec I looked at :( haha I've bought H11 :?

I just have to send them back haha. Oh well not to worry.

Yeah the only reason I'm changing them is because of the LED DRL as there white I don't want yellowy headlights so bought some Phillip ones.

I can't actually wait haha :D

Another quick question. Is it true for the first 1000 miles or what ever it is you shouldn't really rev it heavy or something like that I read somewhere if it's a new engine ?

As it will only have delivery miles on it and I don't want to be breaking it if that makes sense :)

Yehhh possibly :) pretty certain there what I said, I'm sure someone with an st will clarify if I'm wrong.

With a new car you don't really need to break them in anymore, but it's recommended you take it easy for the first few thousand yes, it should state in your manual :) the odd full throttle blast won't hurt it though.

Another quick question. Is it true for the first 1000 miles or what ever it is you shouldn't really rev it heavy or something like that I read somewhere if it's a new engine ?

As it will only have delivery miles on it and I don't want to be breaking it if that makes sense :)

Screenshot_2014-02-07-18-40-23_zpsbr2cxa

So the high beams are H1 and not H11 on the ST2 up and Titanium up?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

iv drove mine hard since day one tbh. aslong as engine is up to temp. no probs. your car has warranty and shud have first 12mnth free break down cover so stop worrying and plant ya foot!!!

let the fun times roll.

what was your previous car??

I bought mine wthout a test drive. but every review id read was telling me to buy it. when you get it out the showroom turn ur esc off let the engine get up to temp then floor it. guarantee you go wooooooaaaah. laugh to yourself an instantly be in love. check out the thread called "calling all ford owners". we started a little club goin to meets. friday was epic u should come. dm me for info

Haha yeah cheers for the manual thing.

I am swapping from a 1.6 TDCI ZS black 2010.

Been a great car that's why I went for another one but fancied the ST as I fell in love from it since day one.

I just think I'll find it hard not to put my foot down every now and then haha it's a fun car and it wants to be enjoyed :D

I'm still slightly confused on the headlights though haha

I dont have a clue about any kind of mods tbh mate

Okay cheers for your help.

In your opinion do the standard lights look yellow or are they okay ?

lights look fine standard

Okay cheers. Haha I can't wait now to get it !

Don't heard a bad review about them :D and all the stuff your saying to me as well is only making me more excited !!

Could try some nightbreaker unlimiteds for the dipped beam, bit brighter in the beam I find so easier to see at night? Just a suggestion :)

And congrats on your purchase, I'm a tad jealous aha ;)

hit 193bhp on rolling road standard (no mods).

my advice trade ya zs's in for one of these rockets. best thing iv ever bought is my little red rocket!! :)

If there was a 5 door then I would :p

iv heard there may be a fizzer RS next year an if its guna be better than this fiST is guna be some car. il be putting myself in for one of them. can swap this one in oct then another 9mths is july so hopefully by then il be able to order tha instead if not il be stickin with ST's

Yeah cheers I'll have a look at them bud.

Yeah I've heard about an RS but I doubt I'd be able to get insured haha just about got insured on this :)

Absolutely buzzing can't wait now.

iv only bin driving (legit) for two years so my insurance is quite steep too. I had a 1ltr focus before this tho an insurance was only 200 cheap. soon as I sat in my ST tho I was sold. very tidy car and plenty of bang for your buck :))

If there was a 5 door then I would :p