Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordering An St-3, Questions

Phil 87

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about ordering an ST-3, waiting for a quote from Broadspeed and hopefully I can get it for just under £17k with most of the options if their figures are to be believed. I just have a few questions:

• I didn't see an option for the tyre deflation detection, does anyone know if that comes as standard on the ST-3?
  • What is the "Adjustable boot load floor", and is it worth getting for £75?
  • Does anyone have experience buying a new car through Broadspeed, and is it something you would recommend? What other websites / companies offer a similar service? I think someone on here mentioned a site which was "orange" something.
  • I heard there is a new brochure for the ST-3, but the dealer I called said they don't have it (Benfield). Does anyone know if other dealers have the brochure / price list yet?

I'm thinking of getting it in blue but not too sure. It will look almost identical to my current Fiesta but I don't really like any of the other colours. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

they dont do the deflation detection anymore. Prob found it wasnt being used.

There is also another site called www.carwow.co.uk

Hope this helps

Thanks I'll have a look at carwow. The deflation detection is still shown on Ford's website, but they don't even have the ST-3 on there yet so it's probably out of date. Would be a shame if I can't get it, I was looking forward to never having to check my tire pressures again :)

Yeah I used carwow for initial quotes then played dealers off against each other

I went into my ford dealers on wednesday and showed them the carwow quote, and they said that they would match it as i have been a loyal customer, so a gentlemans handshake agreement was done, then went back in yesterday to sign the paperwork and they then told me they couldnt match it.. So as you can imagine i was somewhat p*issed off.. Wont be going back to the dealers i have used for many years.. You just cant treat people like that. So from now on i will be using internet based sites to buy all my new cars from.

Yeah I used carwow for initial quotes then played dealers off against each other

How much did you manage to save from the retail price if you don't mind my asking?

Edit: I just had a call from Broadspeed, they made a mistake with their figures, showing ST3 cheaper than ST2 haha. So it's actually more like £17,700. Still not too bad, I thought the original price was too good to be true anyway.

Not bad, I might try the same thing. That's probably a bit less than I'll pay through Broadspeed.

13200 for a zetec s, so just under 2k. Used that as a starting price then bartered on the part ex price. Ended up at 9800

Thanks I'll have a look at carwow. The deflation detection is still shown on Ford's website, but they don't even have the ST-3 on there yet so it's probably out of date. Would be a shame if I can't get it, I was looking forward to never having to check my tire pressures again :)

You still have to check tyre pressures, it can only detect a flat tyre, or considerably low pressure.

yer i have the detection system on my ST-2 and tbh its a load of rubbish, by the time its noticed you have a flat tyre A you would know and B its already damaged your alloy

The good old fashioned way of looking and checking is really the best option

Ok, I won't bother with the tyre deflation if it's that bad :). At a dealer last year they gave me the impression that it can detect a slight drop in pressure, I guess that was nonsense.

yer i have the detection system on my ST-2 and tbh its a load of rubbish, by the time its noticed you have a flat tyre A you would know and B its already damaged your alloy

The good old fashioned way of looking and checking is really the best option

Not strictly true. If you have a slow puncture it should notice it and it will tell you before you find yourself running flat. Checking tyre pressure isn't done daily by tha majority of people, and even if it only notifies once, it'll likely save you the cost of a tyre hence pays for itself. Also if you've only got the tyre repair liquid, that will likely not repair a tyre thats been run flat safely until you get it to a garage. I'll stick with the deflation system.

The system works by detecting the change in wheel diameter caused by a tyre with low pressure in it, part of the anti lock braking system. Using low profile tyres makes it harder to detect before the tyre is flat, admittedly, but I knew that and decided for the small cost it was worth it.

Bought my car last year through orangewheels went on the website got the specs I wanted and they gave me a call the next day , then put me in touch with the ford dealer they use ( think ford in Guildford ) was a bit of a trek to pick it up( I live in york ) but still saved loads

Orangewheels that's what I was trying to remember, I'll try them too. Does anyone have the "adjustable boot load floor" or know what it does?

The adjustable boot is another floor in the boot

A when you fold the seats the boot floor and seats are the same height ie flat

Also it can be adjustable so it can just lie flat in the boot like normal or when needed it can go on top level ie like above when you need the seats folding and then have a flat loadbed.

I didn't spec it, but I think maybe I should have

I do have it on my soon to be gotten rid of Skoda Citigo though, which is based on the VW Up which had it as standard but I expensively bought the parts from Vw and did it myself

Sorry for the long reply :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds good, maybe I should get it. Unless it adds a lot of weight, I don't really want that in an ST :)

I have the adjustable boot floor on mine. I wouldnt lose sleep over it if you dont go for it!

Its good because: the stuff that permanently lives there is stowed out the way and still leaves you with a flat space.

Its bad because: access isnt great with stuff on the top level;

the top level makes the boot really shallow

Ive put it on the floor like normal most of the time, leaving the plastic supports around the edges to just stick out like a sore thumb!

Can it be retro fitted?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Go on the official Ford website and download the brochure, You can also configerate any model from scratch, colour, spec, every extra can be added.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Go on the official Ford website and download the brochure, You can also configerate any model from scratch, colour, spec, every extra can be added.

Ford don't seem to be keeping their site up to date. The ST 3 isn't on there yet, and the brochure is over a year old.

When the rear seats are folded the adjustable floor makes it level so you can load/unload things easier also it makes a storage area underneath so things are hidden for extra security

I got my st-2 for 14,250

St-3 looks over priced for silly extras like folding mirror etc

st 2 has everything you need.

I got my st-2 for 14,250

St-3 looks over priced for silly extras like folding mirror etc

st 2 has everything you need.

£14,250 I think is a very good price for an ST-2 and I agree the ST-3 is overpriced for small optional extras. How did you get that price in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

£14,250 I think is a very good price for an ST-2 and I agree the ST-3 is overpriced for small optional extras. How did you get that price in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I get ford privilege. I know im lucky. but do you really need electric folding mirrors - cruise control thats about all the extra you get. my st2 has everything you would want honestly save yourself some £££ get one.