Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Beepers

tomroscoe

Hi Team. Some of you may remember that I posted last year about fitting a reversing camera into my 13 plate 1 litre ecoboost. Worked well, I liked it. 25 quid all in, components from eBay.

Well I've just chopped the white one in for a red one on a 14 plate. I casually asked the dealer what reversing beepers would cost to fit and he floored me with his three hundred quid price. What?

eBay sells reversing beeper kits for under thirteen quid. Masses of colours to choose from though the Fiesta really needs two black sensors and two body-coloured sensors. Not to worry at that price though - I can buy two kits and still be hundreds of pounds in pocket.

Thing is there's no posting here on fitting this kit. Will I need a relay or will it just work off the reversing light feed as my rear camera did?

tom.

It will work off the reverse light lead plus an earth.

I recently bought a set via eBay from a company based in Tunbridge Wells, they supplied me two colour coded sensors and two mat black sensors for the diffuser, cost £14.95 delivered.

Wired onto feed to reversing light and earth point for light cluster.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190322960277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

your doing the right thing doing it yourself, at the end of the day, even if you cant get an exact colour match, or multiple colours,then you can always sprat the sensors the correct colour!

How big are the units that are kept in the boot/parcel shelf?

Are they easily seen? It's the only bit putting me off, like to have them hidden if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They are small... Mine was About 3x5 inches if that. Easily goes behind the rear panel with no issues.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

How big are the units that are kept in the boot/parcel shelf?

Are they easily seen? It's the only bit putting me off, like to have them hidden if possible.

Hid mine behind the left hand side carpet - control unit is approx 5"x3"x3/4" and beeper is approx 2" diameter

So no wires or box's can be seen?

Sounds like my first job on my week old Zetec :-)

So no wires or box's can be seen?

Sounds like my first job on my week old Zetec :-)

No, the only thing showing are the sensors :)

Correct, sensors on the outside, wires behind the boot panel

.....get my drill out with shaking hands onto my bumper lol.

Thanks for the info, sounds a great cheap addition and saving £'s on Ford's charges.

Suggestions for you... Not all bumpers are pre marked, take the area you want to do the sensors on and measure it as a rectangle and draw it out in paper on a scale.

Then if it's 100cm for example put the sensors are 10, 35, 65 and 90 to get best coverage.

Measure on your bumper and put blue tack on the bumper as your marker, then when you are happy with the placement, replace blue tack with marker then drill.

This way if it's not pre marked you get the best results and can be sure it won't be hashed up... Took me an hour to do this and I think it went really well

• Like 1

I used this.......

post-50741-0-09658300-1394307254_thumb.j

Took me about 20mins to make sure the locations were right

• Like 2

Thanks for your dimensions John - I assume the're in cm? And did you get these positions from measuring a Fiesta with them fitted? Drill them with the bumper still attached?

Oh, I've just looked at the current Fiesta brochure and all the sensors are in the body-colour part of the bumper - none in that central black part.

post-45623-0-52541200-1394466150_thumb.p

I was wondering the best position for them and a bit confused because yesterday at my local Ford dealer a couple were picking up their Fiesta Titanium X and they had 2 sensors in the black plastic and 2 either side in colour coordinated grey.

It depends where you want it, you need to mhave maximum coverage of the rear, whether they are all in one line or two up, two down, it doesnt matter :)

Thanks for your dimensions John - I assume the're in cm? And did you get these positions from measuring a Fiesta with them fitted? Drill them with the bumper still attached?

Oh, I've just looked at the current Fiesta brochure and all the sensors are in the body-colour part of the bumper - none in that central black part.

I found that pic on another post on this forum - yes dimensions are in cm and yes I drilled the bumper with it attached to the car

Looks like they have changed the locations on the newer models

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club