Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Anybody Else Using Ovivo Mobile Besides Me ?

catch

http://www.ovivomobile.com/offer/ovivo-for-phones/

One off £20 fee, which includes £15 credit to your account . For that one off payment you get 300 mins 300 texts and 500mb data FREE EVERY MONTH. You only eat into your credit if you go over your monthly allowances. Even then the pricing for texts and minutes are resonable.

http://www.ovivomobile.com/offer/pricing/

Ideal for a low user like me and the missus, even been out and bought a couple of Moto G's locked to Tesco Mobile, then got them unlocked via eBay fro £1.99 each.

Buy from Vodapone and the will work with the Ovivo sim as they use the Vod network. I find the data element is very slow out in the sticks where I live. [but use my wireless at home] But on recent visits to Leeds and Otley data is fast, seemless videos news the lot.

But it's free, so cannot complain,Wife and I have been on it just over a month, Ovivo will have been up and operating two years come this April. It is experimental in that the business model is to provide free mins, texts and data via advertising revenue.

So worst case is it could fold if it don't wotk out, but I reckon it is worth a punt at that money. We have not ported our EE PAYG numbers over as we have credit let on the two accounts. But you get an extra £3 credit if you do, you get an extra £5 credit for anybody you refer to the service. [it say £3 but it is £5]. And right now you can get free cine ticket, I got £3 worth of amazon gift vouchers and my credit balance is £25.

So laid out £20, had six weeks service, and have more than £28 in credit and gift vouchers.

Obviously that does not include the new phones we bought, we could have used our old [dumb] phones, but what the hell, you cannot take it with you.

Hold on, so you get absolutely free calls, texts and minutes? with no cost at all? unless, you go over the limits?

That is £20 now, and if you always stay within your balance, you never have to pay another penny for any mobile phone minutes or services?

• Like 1

Hold on, so you get absolutely free calls, texts and minutes? with no cost at all? unless, you go over the limits?

That is £20 now, and if you always stay within your balance, you never have to pay another penny for any mobile phone minutes or services?

That's certainly what it looks like to me anyway. Looks like a very good deal.

Can't say anything about the deal but the Moto G you've bought I can vouch for. Just bought one and IMHO it's a cracking phone for the price. Once my free Tesco credit has finished I'll be getting it unlocked. Was thinking about ASDA but now I'll have to think again with that deal :)

thats about it jeeb, and you can use it on non interrnet phones, so ideal for your Nan, yer Gran, the kids [teach them, that once they have burnt their way through the initial £15 credit, they will have to wait for their new months allowance [ the monthly anniversary of the date you activate your sim] it come in. Obviously the phone would still make emegency calls even it their allowance had run out.

Though you could soften and top their credit it up, but then you are not teaching them how to budget.

I have it in writing from Customers Services, that dumb phone subscribers to the network can use the service. All you have to do for them once a month is, log on to their Ovivo account, and click on an offer page, thats it.

You can check your balance via the web or text [again free, not out of your allowance] via your phone. type in 39555 in the who too section, then type bb in the message section, balance back in seconds.

If you fancy trying it, I'll PM you my wifes Ovivo number, and when you activate your sim, it will ask you if you have a referal number, pop her number in and she will get £5 free credit. it does not cost you anything, and then when you refer anybody you can get it. I signed up first, but knew nobody on the network, but when I bought the wifes sim I put my Ovivo number in the referal box, plus a relative signed up, hence I've got £25 in credit.

But I'll tell you this, you will find it virtually impossible to convince [especially old people ] that its for free. In fact I've given up trying, they think you are trying to sell them something. That or they think you have a screw loose :rolleyes:

That's certainly what it looks like to me anyway. Looks like a very good deal.

Can't say anything about the deal but the Moto G you've bought I can vouch for. Just bought one and IMHO it's a cracking phone for the price. Once my free Tesco credit has finished I'll be getting it unlocked. Was thinking about ASDA but now I'll have to think again with that deal :)

I got an 8GB one for the wife cost me £110 locked to the Tesco Mobile [O2 network] Then I bought a 16GB one £139 less £6 Clubcard voucher so £133. Yep they are cracking phones, OK no SD slot for memory cards, but you get 15Gb free cloud storage for ever, and an extra 50GB free for the first 2 years, and it's less than a third of the price of an iPhone 5.

Regards Ovivo, its a cracking deal, and Customer Services are really helpfull.

For heavy users of texts they can always download the Whats App ,

it's free for the first year and then a 59p a year subscription.

Pretty sweet, something to consider once my contract expires!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

A were on the recommendation front, I can recommend a very good Samsung galaxy s3 equivalent phone for 70 quid and a way to get free 3g mobile Internet...

I was tempted by the freedom20, but I really HATE advertising and its the killer for me. I don't want to be browsing the web and having adverts popping up at me every 5minutes, especially if i'm actually paying monthly to get more than just 300min/texts

I'm on giffgaff, 10quid a month gives 500min, gig of net and unlimited texts. Plus you get unlimited giffgaff to giffgaff which lasts for 3months so if you only really text/call other giffgaff users you only have to top up every 3months

I was tempted by the freedom20, but I really HATE advertising and its the killer for me. I don't want to be browsing the web and having adverts popping up at me every 5minutes, especially if i'm actually paying monthly to get more than just 300min/texts

I'm on giffgaff, 10quid a month gives 500min, gig of net and unlimited texts. Plus you get unlimited giffgaff to giffgaff which lasts for 3months so if you only really text/call other giffgaff users you only have to top up every 3months

Every course does not suit every horse, and your obviously suited to the giffgaff course :)

I personally dont need 500mins, hell I don't need 300mins, or 300texts. Data very rarely use it out side of the home, I used 260MB Ovivo data last month. So for me to pay £120 every year for a service, when a one off £5 [excluding my £15 credit] gets me a deal that has the potential not to cost me another penny for years. Will do me fine.

In regards to the adverts, when I've been out and about [mainly sat watching news video or looking on Auto Trader , whilst the wifes shopping] Adverts don't actually pop up and run like a video ad. No it was just a case of if your browsing the web when using the Ovivo data, Well lets say you do a goggle search, you then choose a link to follow, I'd get a rediredt to the Ovivo Offers page. Now it's up to you to either scroll the offers and choose to look at one [not a video] or you can just scroll the page to the "continue" button, click it and that then takes you to the website you had opted to view on the goggle search.page.So in esscence it could be a 5 second detour tops on a click through. Mind you in a weak Vodaphone network area it could takes minutes :(

I spent about an hour on the Auto Trader website viewing cars, and not once did it redirect to the Ovivo Offers page. Nor whilst you are using an app, or you could be reading a news site, same. It's only when your actually "browsing the web" will it take you to the Ovivo site between links. So to me it's not a biggy, it's not like watching video advertising like on the telly. A small price to pay I reckon for a virtually free service.

A were on the recommendation front, I can recommend a very good Samsung galaxy s3 equivalent phone for 70 quid and a way to get free 3g mobile Internet...

Jeeb your link took me to a 131 quid phone, and no sign of how to get free 3g?

besides a five point five screen, I'd either have to visit my tailors, or get a man bag :D

haha, I never actually put any links on there ;)

The phone is MySaga C2 - Ranks equal on all benchmark tests with the Galaxy S3: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MYSAGA-C2-3G-Smartphone-CellPhone-Andriod-Dual-Core-Dual-SIM-GPS-WIFI-Unlocked-/141158816362?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item20ddb89a6a

I bought it expecting a good phone, ended up getting a fantastic phone!
amongst other things, I get my Contract Sim in one socket, and then my free internet sim in the other, but its a High Def screen, mass memory, can store everything on the external card so no running out of memory.

The free internet is here: http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/Samba

you basically pay a fiver for a sim card, or a few more quid for a dongle also, Basically, you watch a few free ad's, and for every ad you watch, you get 3.5mb of free internet. in a couple of months, I accrued over 4gb of free data, click the ad, leave it to run and off it goes! didnt really try hard either, just whilst browsing the web leave it open, click the button, then switch back to what I was doing. Most ad's only last about 30 seconds!

I use the samba mobile sim for the 3G internet, and then my sim has poor internet anyway so it just sits in the 2G slot!

haha, I never actually put any links on there ;)

The phone is MySaga C2 - Ranks equal on all benchmark tests with the Galaxy S3: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MYSAGA-C2-3G-Smartphone-CellPhone-Andriod-Dual-Core-Dual-SIM-GPS-WIFI-Unlocked-/141158816362?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item20ddb89a6a

I bought it expecting a good phone, ended up getting a fantastic phone!

amongst other things, I get my Contract Sim in one socket, and then my free internet sim in the other, but its a High Def screen, mass memory, can store everything on the external card so no running out of memory.

The free internet is here: http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/Samba

you basically pay a fiver for a sim card, or a few more quid for a dongle also, Basically, you watch a few free ad's, and for every ad you watch, you get 3.5mb of free internet. in a couple of months, I accrued over 4gb of free data, click the ad, leave it to run and off it goes! didnt really try hard either, just whilst browsing the web leave it open, click the button, then switch back to what I was doing. Most ad's only last about 30 seconds!

I use the samba mobile sim for the 3G internet, and then my sim has poor internet anyway so it just sits in the 2G slot!

there is a live link in that post, > 3g mobile< just assumed you had put it in, obviously not. Nice phone James but showing at £175 not £70 :wacko: in that link you posted above. Yer Samba, I was reading up about that the other week, and on your dual sim phone a good combo..............just needs a Ovivo sim in it at end of contract, to be a totaly cost effective set up :D

Couldn't agree more Tony. It will be the way I go when the contract expires, as for the phone, they do that when they run out a stock but it's highly recommended by me.

Every course does not suit every horse, and your obviously suited to the giffgaff course :)

I personally dont need 500mins, hell I don't need 300mins, or 300texts. Data very rarely use it out side of the home, I used 260MB Ovivo data last month. So for me to pay £120 every year for a service, when a one off £5 [excluding my £15 credit] gets me a deal that has the potential not to cost me another penny for years. Will do me fine.

In regards to the adverts, when I've been out and about [mainly sat watching news video or looking on Auto Trader , whilst the wifes shopping] Adverts don't actually pop up and run like a video ad. No it was just a case of if your browsing the web when using the Ovivo data, Well lets say you do a goggle search, you then choose a link to follow, I'd get a rediredt to the Ovivo Offers page. Now it's up to you to either scroll the offers and choose to look at one [not a video] or you can just scroll the page to the "continue" button, click it and that then takes you to the website you had opted to view on the goggle search.page.So in esscence it could be a 5 second detour tops on a click through. Mind you in a weak Vodaphone network area it could takes minutes :(

I spent about an hour on the Auto Trader website viewing cars, and not once did it redirect to the Ovivo Offers page. Nor whilst you are using an app, or you could be reading a news site, same. It's only when your actually "browsing the web" will it take you to the Ovivo site between links. So to me it's not a biggy, it's not like watching video advertising like on the telly. A small price to pay I reckon for a virtually free service.

Oh aye every course certainly doesn't suit every horse. For my main number which I use a lot for a fair bit of browsing, texting and calling, giffgaff is the only way for me to go as no other network comes close to its tariff. The sacrifice I make though is that in recent months giffgaffs service has been diabolical. At one point the entire network went down completely for days at a time numerous times in a month. If I actually was to switch networks it would probably have to be back to o2, which giffgaff runs off so not much chance of switching.

That said, I am awaiting delivery of my new duel sim phone as I desperately need a private number and a separate work number, so that when I do not want to be contacted for business purposes my work number can simply be turned off while still being able to take calls/texts from people I actually want to hear from.

The downside to this though would obviously have to be having to keep two tariffs up and running at the same time meaning 2 phone bills a month.

Which is why I'm now gonna say ovivo sounds ideal for me for my work number as I should easily be able to manage on 300mins and texts a month to work if it's only the one off charge I ever need to pay out on and I'll be ordering a sim shortly.

It reminds me of when my kid sisters had a blyk sim card which gave them a random number of free calls/texts a month for watching adverts.

Its a good deal, there is no doubt about it, £20 one off and a few adverts now and then for a basic contract agreement, who can complain!

I'm finding when using the mobile data it can be good, even though its usless at home [skipton even has to have it's own Town TV relay transmitter, and we still only get 22 freeview channels]

But I was at the town's hospital waiting to give a blood sample, and it was loading pages very fast whilst in the waiting room. Also I was sat waiting to use the fuel pumps at Keighley's Asda, and again pages loaded fast and video played no problem. And like I say when visiting Leeds and Otley it's fine.The more I use the service the more I realise what a steal it is, at a Fiver. :D

Its a very good product there is no doubting it!

Yer I know what a bummer, been going two years, then we joined just over six weeks ago and it's gone !Removed! up. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted,

still got my £3 in amazon vouchers, so it was into me for £17 and

£20 the wife. But considering calls, texts and data we used in that time, not really mega quids out.

He Who Dares Wins Rodders.................obviously not all the time :ph34r:

In convineance I suppose for most peeps, but not us being retired, and I had a Plan B..................dusting off our Orange PAYG phones and sims as I speak .................with a nice bit of credit on them :)

There was me considering getting one... I guess they lost advertising contract/s so couldn't continue.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

That is a shame! I was really looking forward to getting on board :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually only just went to set up my sim card just now, couldn't get a signal then I tried going to the settings page only to find the message stating its been shut down

:blink: whaaaaaa?!?! :wacko:

£20quid down. Gonna try get it back through paypal

You should get your brass back Charlie, as you received no service at all. Well its 3 mobile for me, though I've still got credit on my Orange sim. Trouble is it's a big sim, so it wont fit in my new Moto G :rolleyes:

If it don't fit then cut it, there's templates online if you need help.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club