Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome Beading...

InKontrol

I tend to stay away from chrome beading due to it making vehicles look gash when put in some ridiculous places, however I tried some the other night and came up with what's in the picture.

It turned out pretty good (I've ripped it off since then because it was a test fit), and I had a hard time getting it to stick when navigating the bend in the door trim at the dash end.

Has anyone else used chrome beading to good effect? *preferably interior only*

post-46377-0-53472200-1394300923_thumb.j

I have used it , and it turned out pretty good it was on my old Mk2.5 i used it around the radio. What i did was to use a hair dryer to warm it up by forming it before i actually stuck it down.

Did that help with the adhesion? I managed to get a finger or two on the adhesive and it wouldn't stick after that, which I thought was pretty poor!

Did that help with the adhesion? I managed to get a finger or two on the adhesive and it wouldn't stick after that, which I thought was pretty poor!

Yes it helped to stick it down.

Done the same on interior door like youreself and heating it up both the bead and the area to be applied helped a lot and its stayed stuck that was 7 or so months ago

I tend to stay away from chrome beading due to it making vehicles look gash when put in some ridiculous places, however I tried some the other night and came up with what's in the picture.

It turned out pretty good (I've ripped it off since then because it was a test fit), and I had a hard time getting it to stick when navigating the bend in the door trim at the dash end.

Has anyone else used chrome beading to good effect? *preferably interior only*

I haven't done any interior chroming but here is outside of my zetec s. I know some aren't fans but I like it. post-47700-139431531286_thumb.jpg

Lee

That looks pretty tasteful and in no way out of place.

Least you didn't get tempted to do every edge and corner like I have seen before.

• 1 year later...

Been a while since I have bought anything for my car but just received these in the post and thought I would share with you all. I have always liked the look of the rear fog light surrounds on the ST and wanted some for myself. Without buying the most expensive option I went with these for 25 quid from eBay . Hope you like. Before and after

post-47700-142598478993_thumb.jpg

post-47700-142598481952_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That actually looks pretty smart. When someone says chrome beading I tend to cringe as I have also seen some horrors but that looks pretty smart.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Looks pretty good, subtle is definitely best.

Can you still remove the fog lamps without wrecking it?

Well to get to the fog light itself it's behind the bumper anyway so replacinf a bulb is no problem. No plans to change fog lights any time soon so hopefully won't have to worry about it lol

I've done similar on my ST's rear foglights, after having owned the mk2 ST, just used satin black vinyl rather than chrome. Did try silver but didn't like it so much.

Did cheat and do the vinyl in a few sections as a first attempt but was good enough that I left it on - there's always the option of trying different colours in vinyl then getting the nice stick on surrounds and painting them in whichever colour worked out best.

Or even use them as templates for vinyl versions ;)

I think brushed chrome effect would look better but that's just my own opinion just feel if things are toned down just a tad it doesn't look as garish same with the likes of tinting lights don't go the whole hog subtle changes seem to work best .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club