Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Done My Good Deed This Weekend, What's Yours?

stef123

Was at tesco in Dundee earlier picking someone up, minding my own business when the 12 plate Vw scirocco parked next to me decided to go for a roll!
I figured that as it wasn't a vauxhall I would jump out and save it from hitting another car (mondeo).. I managed to stop it and tried to push it back into the space a bit and hold onto it but then the alarm started going off! So I'm standing in the middle of a car park holding a car looking like an idiot hoping the owner turns up soon!
About a minute later the young guy appeared looking like he had just had a brown trouser moment! He was very grateful that I had saved his car and admitted to being so stupid!

I couldn't just sit in the car and let it happen, I would have filmed it though if it was a vauxhall :lol:

• Like 1

Fixed the son of a friends Clio which had a major misfire. He has only just started driving and as a 6th Form Student with part time work is struggling to meet the cost of running a car. Changed the coil pack leads and plugs and air filter which needed doing. Had to buy a special spark plug tool and modify it to fit but hey. Its running better than ever now.

• Like 1

Pumped up the tyres on a neighbours motorbike.

Been parked up for a month and they were flat as pancakes.

• Like 1

Fixed the son of a friends Clio which had a major misfire. He has only just started driving and as a 6th Form Student with part time work is struggling to meet the cost of running a car. Changed the coil pack leads and plugs and air filter which needed doing. Had to buy a special spark plug tool and modify it to fit but hey. Its running better than ever now.

Stupidly long spark plug socket by any chance? Good job!

Pumped up the tyres on a neighbours motorbike.

Been parked up for a month and they were flat as pancakes.

Flat after a month? Don't think I would want to be riding that if they go down that fast?

Wish there was more helpful people on this planet..

Stupidly long spark plug socket by any chance? Good job!

Really stupid plug position. 8mm plug in a 19mm wide hole about 250mm into the engine. At least I now have the tool to change the plugs on the wifes car.

I was out Monday night looking for a local woman who had gone missing. Felt like a right pranny prowling around the cemetery in the dark when the police helicopter overhead decided to check me out with that ruddy great light strapped to the bottom of it. They'd obviously spotted me in infra-red and wanted to light me up to see if I was who they were looking for.

Unfortunately, the woman everyone was looking for was found dead in nearby woodland yesterday afternoon - no suspicious circumstances, which I take to mean suicide. :(

Sounds like a good deed weekend, sadly I can't offer a story though no good deeds I could do so now I sound like a selfish goit lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Lots of good deeds here. i think i would need to change my pants if i was walking around a dark cemetery and suddenly got lit up!!

i had open heart surgery last month so the closest to a good deed iv managed is sorting the pants and socks into pairs! hahaa

The tyres had most likely been let down by some 'helpful' local kid as they held pressure fine.

Non suspicious circumstances usually implies suicide or natural causes.

Heart surgery? Jeez, no !Removed! then? ;)

• Like 1

Does letting someone in front of you in the queue at aldis coz they have only got a few items count? :unsure:

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Christ Tom! wishing you a speedy recovery!

James, any small gesture of kindness counts, so yes! I think you can safely say that is your good deed, it was done for someone else and not your benefit!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club