Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'park' Function On Wipers Fault

soulman123

Apologies for new thread tried posting on precious thread but says error.

Basically every wipe setting bar quick wipe the wipers refuse to return to the bottom of screen they just stop. You have to quick wipe to rectify.

I swapper relays around no change stoney says its likely the wiper motor, awaiting delivery.

I was just wondering what controls the park ?

Is it the relay, motor or wiper switch.

Thanks

wiper motor changed today, was straightforward. But the problem remains. Wiring was intact.

...scratches head.

Do you think I should change the wiper stalk ?

Or buy new relays just incase its those. I did swap front and rear made no difference.

Ok I changed the wiper stalk this morning. I picked one up on eBay for £8 as funds were low after the wiper motor and would you adam and eve it I now have parking wipers which are no longer driving me slooooly up the wall.

I may have gotten a bit obsessive with this one but it was driving me cuckoo.

I have a similar problem - found out this morning that one of the linkages in the mechanism is partially broken, so the top and bottom of every wipe wasn't moving the wipers, so they didn't go to the bottom of the screen, or the top, leaving part of driver's screen unwiped. Ordered a new mechanism now - £15 used with motor. Not bad, I reckon. I'll hang on to the old motor, just in case.

Tell me about it can be a pain hunting down the fault. Well at least you have it sorted and a spare motor for back up. A really annoying problem glad we can both wipe in peace lol

I actually sat there shooting screen wash saying oooo look it goes all the way back now.

Tell me about it can be a pain hunting down the fault. Well at least you have it sorted and a spare motor for back up. A really annoying problem glad we can both wipe in peace lol

I actually sat there shooting screen wash saying oooo look it goes all the way back now.

Ha! :lol: That'll be me in a few days time when the parts arrive!

I replaced the old rubber grips of the clutch and brake pedals this morning and was driving along like "Look at the new pedals! Feel how grippy they are! *runs over several pedestrians and a cow*" :rolleyes:

Were your wipers corroded onto the wiper spindles? It took me ages to get mine off this morning. In the end, my dad just came over, did some magic thingy, and they were free :wacko:

I sprayed them with plus gas for two days and left to soak by the time I came to get at it was fine coming off.

Just literally finished refilling my screen wash tank :D

I poured about 5 gallons of oil on them before I screwed the wiper arms back on. "Let's see you make me look like a fool now!", says I :lol:

You might as well just hold a watering can over your windscreen at this point :D

I took you advice and used a watering can hehe.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club