Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanked Off Or Not

biggy119

So iv seen you can get this blacked off what do you all think and do you now the benefits of doing this ??

Focus tdci 1.8 59

it stops the exhaust gasses being recycled so a better burn for your engine.

ive don't it on mine and it feels better to drive with

• Like 1

Just done my one this morning, 2008 1.8 TDCI. I bought a stainless steel plate with slotted holes and just loosened off the bolts on the pipe / EGR union and slipped it in. Didn't even have to remove the scuttle.

I've been a run of 50 miles or so today, and my initial experience is good - less smoke out the rear and a smoother power delivery throughout more of the power band.

And so far no EML, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

I, like you, was hesitant to do this, but my advice would be do it. If the worst come to the worst you can always take it back out, it's only a fiver you'll have wasted!.

• Like 2

OK im just order this ill see how it goes

• Like 1

I did mine 9 years ago - still going strong - Many people would rather have the benifits of the solid plate, even if the EML comes on (mine does'nt)

• Like 1

If EML came on once this has been fitted whats the easiest and cheapest way to remove it?

I dont have a code reader or the like so would it have to be a garage?

disconnect the battery overnight, but it shouldnt come on, ive it for a year now and no EML since

• Like 1

Sweet and did it make a noticable differance?

Was it a solid plate?

Been tempted to do this for a while

• Like 1

Sweet and did it make a noticable differance?

Was it a solid plate?

Been tempted to do this for a while

yes, much better at low revs. and it wont feel like it wants to stall. definately a mod to do

Yea that is the one iv orded

yep thats the correct one, let us know the results :)

Mine has come today so soon be giving you heads up

Let us know how you get on fitting it.

Still all good with with me, it's good when I can now approach junctions in 2nd gear without the fear of stalling.

What a difference for a fiver!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

By any chance you haven't got a pics of how to fit it have you step by step

Sorry, didn't think to take pictures. There are pictures on here of how to if you search for them.

It only took me 10 minutes. I have a 1.8 tdci, so what I did was loosen the 2 10mm bolts on the upper union, just under the scuttle, and slipped the plate in before tightening back up the bolts. I used a Snap On ratchet spanner with a swivel head. Dead simple!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Well I got mine on and it does feel a lot smoother I'm happy with it :)

Just recieved one.

I'll fit it over the weekend :)

• Like 1

I assume all went ok with the fitting?

yea all good . nice and easy

Always a good idea to blank an EGR in my opinion, better response and power, less hesitation and no crap clogging up your inlet manifold. The only disadvantage is slightly higher combustion temps and more NOx but the advantages far out weigh the disadvantages.

Have you guys seen a substantial gain in fuel efficiency?

If the EML is coming on we can map the EGR function out of most vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Iv not seen a advantage yet as iv only just had it on but ill keep updated

Always a good idea to blank an EGR in my opinion, better response and power, less hesitation and no crap clogging up your inlet manifold. The only disadvantage is slightly higher combustion temps and more NOx but the advantages far out weigh the disadvantages.

Have you guys seen a substantial gain in fuel efficiency?

If the EML is coming on we can map the EGR function out of most vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The lower combustion temps when the EGR system is active is only because combustion cannot occur without the prescence of oxegen as the oxegen is replaced with burnt exhaust gasses - no oxegen = no power = no heat or less oxegen = less power = less heat

So power = heat so everything els being equal (same amount of power being produced) the same or similar combustion chamber temps will occur

Therefore blanking/ disabling the EGR valve/ system does not increase temps because a smaller throttle opening can maintain the same speed in real terms and produce similar heat from combustion with the EGR blanked realitive to it being active

The "higher combustion temps" is in the wikipedia and pops up when you google "EGR" and is often used by anti egr-blanking affictionadoes who don't really understand these things and i have often tried to explain that in real terms, blanking the EGR does not actually increase combustion chamber temps,

As far as i am aware no-one has successfully electronically deleted a Euro4 Mondeo mk3

I must be the only person who has seen no benefit whatsoever from blanking my EGR! :-(

Still have quite bad hesitation and really poor throttle response.

I don't understand it?

1.6 euro V 110HP no error codes.

It is being remapped in the next couple of weeks and will be asking the mapper a few questions about this....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club