Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanked Off Or Not

biggy119

Really interesting point FOCA! My info on higher combustion temps has come from talking to other tuners and guys in the trade but maybe they have all fallen down the same wiki trap as most!

Although I wonder if the equation is not as simple as you suggest: no oxygen = no power = no heat or less oxygen = less power = less heat

I think we need to consider that extra fuel inside the combustion chamber (running rich) helps to reduce combustion temps, therefore with EGR blanked less fuel is injected to produce the same power but this actually generates more heat because of the absence of excessive fuel to cool temps?

Actually I have some logs somewhere I took from a VAG 2.0 TDI 170 when we were first developing EGR delete on that vehicle, Ill see if I can dig them out and post on here, I'm sure we logged exhaust temps with EGR blanked and EGR non blanked. Can't remember the results though as it was so long ago. Ill see if I can dig them out today!

Please don't take this as me trying to put people off EGR blanking, even if slightly higher combustion temps do exist when blanked I don't see this as a major factor. I've blanked every diesel vehicle I own.

@exponential

Maybe the vehicle has another issue that's causing hesitation and poor throttle response, your tuner will do a diagnostic before they remap it so maybe this will shed some light on whats giving you grief! good luck.

Please don't take this as me trying to put people off EGR blanking, even if slightly higher combustion temps do exist when blanked I don't see this as a major factor. I've blanked every diesel vehicle I own.

@exponential

Maybe the vehicle has another issue that's causing hesitation and poor throttle response, your tuner will do a diagnostic before they remap it so maybe this will shed some light on whats giving you grief! good luck.

Thanks Avon.

I will report back when it is done.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of getting a true diagnosis of my issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got mine on and it does feel a lot smoother I'm happy with it :)

Ordered mine today,

How has yours been since you fitted it Biggy?

Yea mine is smoother it feels better I must say fuel seems a bit better response average tbf

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club