Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plates

dannyRJ13

Where's a good place to get replacement plates but totally plain? None of the dealer gubbins or GB bit...

Unless it's to be a show plate it must have the business name or postcode of the plate maker on it plus the BSAU145D notation to be street legal.

I got mine from Halfords like just plain

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Halfords will have bs number and postcode on, unless it's a show plate (which they can do).

Demonplates - they have the maker name and postcode, but it is right on the edge and hardly visible unless you are looking for it. The 3D font looks spot on. here's a photo of mine, soz about the quality its a little grainy.

IMG_20131215_114851_zpsqujeinnf.jpg

I like the pressed plates.

Loads of debates regarding legality but if they are reflective it should never really be an issue.

showplates have been illegal to make for a few years now and any company that supplies them is breaking the law, as are pressed plates because as they are made from metal / steel and not made of a retroflective material.

I like the pressed plates.

Loads of debates regarding legality but if they are reflective it should never really be an issue.

Thanks :) yeh exactly, never had any problems and there all legal marking and spacing etc so don't see why I'd ever get stopped or questioned. More pressing matters in the world to deal with I think.

I wouldn't pull for them but a young Traffic Officer with something to prove would.

I'd take it on the chin, if they got close enough to notice there metal. A risk I'm willing to take like my xenons Hahaa, not doing anyone any harm but not legal either.

Just picked up my 14 plate Fiesta last Friday and the Ford dealer fitted aluminium alloy front and rear plates with (as instructed) no blue EU flag and no dealer advertisement along the bottom, so it can be done and (one assumes) must be legal.

I'm not a fan of the garage using plates to advertise their garage but can see why they would want to do it

I might ask my garage to order my plates without all the crap on them

I'd take it on the chin, if they got close enough to notice there metal. A risk I'm willing to take like my xenons Hahaa, not doing anyone any harm but not legal either.

The plain metal pressed will see you a tug at some stage I'd have thought. You can get pressed metal plates made that have a reflective coating. These will be far more compliant and I'd hedge a bet you'd never have a problem with them.

Mine are reflective.... They also have all the legal markings and spacing etc :) seen much worse and clearly illegal ones. Guess it's just down to personal choice on the risk.

all plates should have the supplying dealer and the bs mark on them to be legal which is why the pressed ally plates are plane,the domed plates also do not conform to law as the letters are not intrigated into the plate and could be peeled off and miss-represented, do not believe everything that companies tell you,any official numberplate supplier software will not let you print anything illegal.when showplates became illegal it killed 80% of our buisness.

Mine have the bs mark on and the supplier details and there aluminium pressed....

this could go on all night lets just beg to differ.

all plates should have the supplying dealer and the bs mark on them to be legal which is why the pressed ally plates are plane,the domed plates also do not conform to law as the letters are not intrigated into the plate and could be peeled off and miss-represented, do not believe everything that companies tell you,any official numberplate supplier software will not let you print anything illegal.when showplates became illegal it killed 80% of our buisness.

That bit about the domed plates is a load of bull!

Just picked up my 14 plate Fiesta last Friday and the Ford dealer fitted aluminium alloy front and rear plates with (as instructed) no blue EU flag and no dealer advertisement along the bottom, so it can be done and (one assumes) must be legal.

It can be done, but it's not legal. Not crime of the century either so I'd not worry too much about it ;)

its not bullshit at all, these plates are made by making up a plane plate and then sticking the domed letters on the face of the plate so whats to stop people peeling off and rearanging the letters to fool the law, thats why they are not allowed.

Think people are getting confused with pressed aluminium plates and the ones with removable plastic figures that can be removed easily.

Ones aluminium like mine and ones plastic.... Not much to get confused really