Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Grille 's' Badge

dannyRJ13

Anyone got any advice for securing one of the these to the grille? I've heard some people chopping up their grille with a stanley knife so it sits flush... just wondering if there's any better options??

just use 3m tape and its solid as!!

• Like 2

just use 3m tape and its solid as!!

Definitely. I haven't got a fiesta but this is what I did on my Focus. just make sure it automotive grade stuff. My S badge has been on about 4 months over winter and survived rain/washes etc, still on nice a firm. I just do a little wiggle test every time I wash the car, if it seems unstable I will just re tape it on

Same here as both above :) i used double sided automotive tape and it's been on 6 months since I got the car. Survived a winter and steam cleaning the car near enough once a weak etc with no problems :)

"Chopped up" Danny! :)

Does my work of art looked chopped up? How dare you sir :)

post-51277-139446695384_thumb.jpg

post-51277-139446696808_thumb.jpg

post-51277-139446698162_thumb.jpg

It looks more like it should be there than bridged across the honeycomb waiting for some !Removed! to take his new found bling home. :)

I must admit it does look good that, might of just swayed my opinion and mine could be changed soon ;)

Mines stuck solid with the adhesive that was already on the badge :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Surely there isn't much point of contact with the badge and grille if you don't chop it ?

There isn't but mines been stuck there for 6 months no problems... Gonna fit it like above though I think now I've seen :)

I might de-badge the rear & put on a Blue "S" badge on my White ZS when I get it

Nathan, if you are going to do it like mine I advise using one of the flexi stanley knife £1 jobs, it will enable you to scrape the plastic out flush to the back of the grille going in a sideways motion.

The way I did it was to mark it out at each end and then push down with the blade to the back of the grille (go slow as not to slip) then snip out with some wire snips, then use the knife in the sideways motion to get flush to the back of the grille. Then I cleaned the grille & stuck the badge down with the sticky pad that was attached to it.

Hope this helps, Roger.

ps. Don't forget .. chop it up good. :P

Thanks for the advice roger :) il be giving it some tender attention this weekend probli.

Blue "S" badge on the rear would look really good.

I've left mine clean, but I'm thinking of getting a new ecoboost badge (the aluminium bent on the original) and putting it on the right of the tailgate.

Might give it a go with the Blue badge and if I don't like it after abit, just remove it

Just need to remember the link someone put up recently with all the different colours you can get on the cheap

Historically I have always liked de-badging the rear of my cars but worry with a white Fiesta it might look like a work van as you see a lot of Fiesta vans around in White so that's why I might add the "S" badge to break it up abit

• Like 1

Wow lots of responses - ta! Big Rog... haha so sorry didn't mean to play down your handy work. It does look good in fairness.

Think I might go down this road - just got to get it right because once you do it there's no going back... or it's buy a new grille time!

Wow lots of responses - ta! Big Rog... haha so sorry didn't mean to play down your handy work. It does look good in fairness.

Think I might go down this road - just got to get it right because once you do it there's no going back... or it's buy a new grille time!

That would worry we, the old point of no return and all that, lol

Saying that I once hacked off an entire Vauxhall Corsa front grille which was a much bigger job & that looked spot on :-)

Damn, just spent £13 on my s badge!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

£5 is a bargain from that website BigRog has linked & come in a range of colours