Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo - Less Miles Mk3 - Or More Miles Mk4?

jeebowhite

Guys,

So as part of my farce with the insurance company, my grandfather has stepped in and kindly offered to help me out with a loan to get a car sorted. so here is my conundrum!

There are MK3 Mondeo's - up to 160,000 miles for up to 2K local to me, alternatively, there are some MK4's which are 180,000 and one unspecified mileage.... those are for 2.7K - now, my condumdrum is - which is the better option!

As long as they have a full service history then they should be worth getting a few quid knocked off and taking a high miler, but, is the high mileage on a MK4 mondeo a bad thing? (probably 1.8L TDCI)

I believe that it is chain driven not belt, and I dont believe it has the injector issues.... which is why I wonder if this would be the best bet?

Thoughts would be appreciated!

James

Id probably go with the mk4 rather than 3 when it comes to diesel :)

Are they cam belt or chain do you know? or is it engine specific?

I am looking around and there are some for £3.5K which are 127k miles on a 2007 plate, higher mileage, but to be fair, should be a keeper! as long as its a chain and doesnt have foolish issues like injectors, then alls good with the world!

This is the one I currently have my eye on!

http://www.medwayautos.co.uk/used-cars/ford-mondeo-2-0-tdci-zetec-5dr-gillingham-201402101687965

Any thoughts in particular?

Also, if I was to offer a cash buy, what do you recon I could negotiate the price too?

My personal preference would advise against the mk3, I think the mk4 is an all round better option. Not only does it look better and newer, but the level of quality is a vast improvement over the mk3.

The Zetec model you have in that link looks to be a decent example. Personally I don't like the wheels but that's just me.

If it was my money I would go for the mk4 Zetec all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks Adam, I really am swaying towards it! wont be able to do anything for a week or so, so as it stands, I am going to wait and see, if its still there for me, then its meant to be!

If your after a diesel get a mk4,i think we are all aware by now that a tdci mk3 is a practical joke (the tddi is a reliable workhorse but getting long in the tooth)^_^

55 Black V6 ghiax,s/s straight thru,57i cold fed,st spioler,6sp manual,black hekos,red brakes

Thanks guys, seems to cement my thoughts!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club