Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those with indicator issues put ya hand up

MichellefromEssex

Ok so mo went back to Fords yesterday, they had her in a whole day then phoned me at 4pm to say there was nothing wrong with the indicators, ok so I was having none of that, drove down there and asked them how they had tested her, apparently in the car park!!!!!!! so I instructed they take her out, they went around an industrial estate - and the left indicator clicked off every time - well it probably did, as the main problem seems to be when coming off of roundabouts etc!!! I said I wasnt happy, id had a KA courtesy car, driven that exactly the same way I drive Mo and yet that little cars indicators cancelled out every time, I was told the steering wheel needs to be in a certain position for it to cancel off :rolleyes: do you know what, since ive had this car, ive grown to doubt my ability to drive, crunching reverse gear if I dont do the "3 second rule", indicators staying on if I dont keep an eye and cancel them myself, wondering if I am pulling away in 3rd and losing power, ive never had to worry so much in all my life about the works of my car.

So Monday I told them im coming back in the afternoon and want a senior technician to come out with me for a nice half hour long drive - to find as many roundabouts as possible, just to prove that I am not "making it up", which I was made to feel yesterday, I said I would keep a count over the weekend on the amount of times it didnt cancel off, and just driving back from them it happened 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help, those of you who are also suffering with the same problem, could you post here and let me know, as I want to go back armed with evidence that there is teething problem with the indicators. Thanks x

Yes mine does it occasionally, though not as often as it used too. Also I've noticed that when it doesnt turn off I flick them back and it signals to go the other way! The indicators seem so sensitive I can indicate both ways several times before they turn off....looking like a bit of a lemon to the vehicle behind!

hi Michelle

take the Senior Technician round that roundabout on the A13 at Bowers Gifford - the one that takes you off to Canvey...... :lol:

Seriously though, hope you do get it sorted out.

regards

Andy

This sometimes happens on my mk6 when i turn left. I wonder if Ford use older components on the new mk7, the round air vents are the same.

I need your help, those of you who are also suffering with the same problem, could you post here and let me know, as I want to go back armed with evidence that there is teething problem with the indicators. Thanks x

No problem Michelle, always happy to help. :)

Mine has exactly the same problem and so did the two I test drove before I bought it.

As you know, it mainly happens on roundabouts or roads where you bear left or right.

Sometimes you can be turning right and a small turn back on the steering wheel cancels the indicator so I think the cancelling position may be wrong?

When I'm driving Noddy, I never have a problem as it cancels every time. :rolleyes:

It's just a small thing but it's very irritating and potentially dangerous as it could be overlooked.

As you say, take the guy out for a run where you know it won't cancel and then he'll have to agree that there is a fundamental problem with them.

This sometimes happens on my mk6 when i turn left. I wonder if Ford use older components on the new mk7, the round air vents are the same.

I have problems with the left not cancelling but to be honest I'm not too bothered ( maybe because I am used to my bike indicators also not cancelling).

At the risk of being beaten about the head with a blunt indicator stalk can I suggest you don't let it consume you :rolleyes:

Paul

I also have the indicator issue , although i tend to just switch it off and try to forget about it as i hate keep going to fords, when i was there last week i asked the guy and he said something about the ford kuga and a couple of other cars doing this aswell. Never said a cure for it though, ive always thought it could be the clock spring been put in the wrong place. Hope you get it sorted michelle.

It doesn't bother me that mine wont turn off. I was told a long time ago (probably a urban myth) that when a new model comes out they use some of the old parts, and we should only buy the car when a new mk comes out and the teething troubles have been ironed out.

I think it was pub talk to be honest after several pints of lager. :lol:

It doesn't bother me hugely that mine occasionally wont turn off. It is a fault rather than the wheel not returning enough to trigger the switch

When my new car comes and if it happens, I think i'd be a bit more put out after shelling out £13,000. slightly annoyed.

I have not had the cancelling issue. However I had a slightly different indicator issue, the problem I had was that when indicating right the indicator in the drivers side headlight would not come on most of the time. But always worked when I locked and unlocked the car.

Yes I've found my indicators don't always cancel off by themselves

and finding reverse gear can be a nightmare :angry:

Not had any problems when Ive been driving but obviously the wife drives it more than me and hasn't mentioned it. I will ask her when she gets home from work.

Thanks everyone for replying, ok its not a major problem but as my car is now worth about £16,000 I think I am within my rights to want it to be working 100%. I actually think it could be dangerous, if I come off a roundabout and not notice the left indicator has cancelled and I am approaching a junction where a driver waiting to pull out, assumes I am now going to turn left as I am indicating after all, it would cause an accident that ok I probably wouldnt be responsible for but again it would mean damage to two cars that were due to something that could have been avoided if the indicator had cancelled out.

Another problem I noticed this morning, is indicating right at a roundabout, I pulled away and within a couple of seconds it had cancelled off!!!!! so left doesnt cancel and right cancels too early lol I have to laugh or else I would scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reverse gear crunching has impoved however, I spoke with a mechanic at a garage not Ford related and he confirmed that all fords have a stupid gear box system and that the reverse isnt synched properly and will always crunch if not waiting the few seconds for the disc to stop spinning.

Andy - I was thinking of Sadlers farm too - hee hee evil devil that I am - 5 roundabouts in one!!!!!!!! will go for a practice run first over the weekend, people are going to think I am mad driving round and around.

Andy - I was thinking of Sadlers farm too - hee hee evil devil that I am - 5 roundabouts in one!!!!!!!! will go for a practice run first over the weekend, people are going to think I am mad driving round and around.

You won't look at all out of place. There's often plenty of bods driving round SF roundabout for hours on end trying to find their exit!

Sorry, never had a single issue with my indicators

I spoke with a mechanic at a garage not Ford related and he confirmed that all fords have a stupid gear box system and that the reverse isnt synched properly and will always crunch if not waiting the few seconds for the disc to stop spinning.

Every Ford I have ever drived Focus/Ka/Fiesta MK5/6/7 have all crunched in reverse

So does mine!! Mainly when turning left though, indicating to the right, it seems to cut itself back off okay.

Off this afternoon to Fords, will update later, me and Max took her out for a little spin last night, we went around 8 roundabouts and 8 times she carried on indicating, indicating at junctions she is ok with, just dont like roundabouts lol.

Off this afternoon to Fords, will update later, me and Max took her out for a little spin last night, we went around 8 roundabouts and 8 times she carried on indicating, indicating at junctions she is ok with, just dont like roundabouts lol.

So the problem is when you go on to the roundabout you indicate and its ok, but when you indicate off it doesnt cancel once you have straightened up?

yeah thats exactly it, and you know what? its apparently normal, its all ok - the test confirmed that unless the steering wheel is turned completely to about 75% it does not make a click noise ready to enable to indicator to cancel out, now I demonstrated on a big bend off a roundabout even went off onto the outside lane and it didnt cancel off carried on flashing away until the technician had to cancel it off - he agreed it was wrong, but unfortunately is the ford design and not a fault in the car, we should be just using the one touch indicator instead of actually engaging the stalk right down!!!!! I asked him what car he drove, he said a Mondeo and his car would cancel on the roundabouts we tested, but he said that his car does not have the 1 touch indicator system, its a new system on the Fiesta - which doesnt necessary mean its correct. He then phoned Fords tech support and they confirmed that the 1 touch should be used when exiting at roundabout etc, if we are not happy with this explaination then to write to customer services at Ford head office and air our opinions, the more people do this the more they can see that maybe the deisgn is flawed - you know what? I just cannot be bothered now, I think it will just fall on deaf ears anyway, my experience with complaining over faulty goods in the past has never been resolved even when threated with legal action etc. We are just small fish in a big ocean!

Don't worry MichellefromEssex, everything will turn out ok in the end. This much I know for sure :)

Every Ford I have ever drived Focus/Ka/Fiesta MK5/6/7 have all crunched in reverse

Noddy's reverse gear doesn't crunch.................and neither did the other 2 Kas we've had! B)