Do Not Sell My Personal Information

30Bhp Chip Mk7 1.6 Really??

benny92

lol looks like a resistor in a box to me, "piggy backs onto MAF sensor".

• Like 1

tricks the maf to basically overfule the car for more power.

If you want an engine mod I'd go for a proper ecu remap as hundredsof parameters are changed to your car, not just the level of fuelling given at one time.

For that reason if you're gonna go down the route of modding your car for performance I'd highly recommend a custom remap or a unit such as a bluefin....

Although more costly than the mod you're looking at (10x more) if you have the cash to spend I couldn't think of a better place for it!

Personally, I opted for a bluefin as you can change the map on your engine, put the superchips map on/off as you please (it also doubles up as a fault code reader!) reported gains of around 30bhp and 40f/p torque on my 1.6 tdci and doesn't affect any other internal components of the vehicle itself. Well worth the money IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you want a box, pay £350 - 400 for one. They're much better devices with a bunch of perimeters programmed in them. Still a variable resistor, but uses way more calculations than just a simple voltage chart.

I have a 1.6 petrol the most gain I can find is 13 bhp and one company said I could get a remap to 137 which seems alot for what it is.

I don't know whether to get everything done separate or do a mountune upgrade

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

Do not get this! It'll make no difference, I think the proper tuning boxes make a slight difference to BHP but no we're near 30 brake but just tricks the maf sensor that it's getting more mpg than it actually is by over fuelling the engine. Although it's a lot more your better just getting a remap. Probably best with bluefin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club