Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortunately Unfortunate?

Jordanch

So today driving on my way to gym I was hit by an articulated lorry which scraped along the side of my car. As soon as it happened the next set of lights I whipped my phone out and got pictures of the registration and the cab, I attempted to get it to pull over but no such luck at all. I went to my local police station with all my necessary documentation and filled in a report of all the relevant information. Now all this may seem unfortunate however the lorry actually belonged to Haynes Ford, my local Ford dealer so after I went into my local station I went to Haynes Ford and spoke with the salesman who sold me my car and has emailed the managing director of Haynes Ford to get my car into the body-shop and have it repaired in due course with no charges. Watch this space and I'll let you know how I got on and the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Wow what a story! Loved the twist where the lorry belongs to the company that sold you your car! On a serious not I do hope you get it all sorted without any charges. Would be a good turn out however I'd still be in rage that my car got damaged :(

Good outcome to a bad situation. Official Ford bodyshop doing the repair free of charge with no insurance worries. I would still pursue police enquiries though as he failed to stop, failed to exchange details and failed to report an accident.

His bosses should give him a roasting and hopefully a verbal or written warning.

I'd be seriously !Removed! off. Just had to have my windscreen replaced due to a crack and that !Removed! me off enough! (Only had the car a month).

Hope you get it all sorted mate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

I was lucky that it was the right truck that hit me I guess if I was to look at it that way. The damage could have been a lot worse! Should hear back within the next few days on steps moving forward.

Got any pics of the damage?

Got any pics of the damage?

I did have, I'll take a new one when I get the opportunity

Sad news Jordan, like The Dark Knight says; failing to stop and report is bad enough and could lead to a ban especially when they throw the driving without due care in,(and they probably would) I would have a quiet word with the head man and I would be asking for some compo, ie. free service plan etc. you get the idea. See if they value the man that sliced you up.

Also you would think they would want to go down the insurance route, I know the company I work for would, even if they did have their own body shop. (may have something to hide?)

Anyway, good luck Jordan, hope it gets settled soon.

Sad news Jordan, like The Dark Knight says; failing to stop and report is bad enough and could lead to a ban especially when they throw the driving without due care in,(and they probably would) I would have a quiet word with the head man and I would be asking for some compo, ie. free service plan etc. you get the idea. See if they value the man that sliced you up.

Also you would think they would want to go down the insurance route, I know the company I work for would, even if they did have their own body shop. (may have something to hide?)

Anyway, good luck Jordan, hope it gets settled soon.

Thank you for that, I work for Kent Police so I'm pretty sure I can work out a fair deal with Haynes to get this resolved without having too much hassle from them, nor the driver!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club