Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Cd/sd Navigation Unit

Kye

Hello all.

Does anyone know if this unit can be swapped out for the Sony DAB audio unit easily at all? I'm looking at a Mk2.5 as a next car, but don't want the navigation unit. Everything else about the car is pretty much what I am after. The advert for it on autotrader is a bit dubious though. It quotes every option under the sun which I doubt you can get into a Titanium version.

Thank you for the help :)

Kye

Hello all.

Does anyone know if this unit can be swapped out for the Sony DAB audio unit easily at all? I'm looking at a Mk2.5 as a next car, but don't want the navigation unit. Everything else about the car is pretty much what I am after. The advert for it on autotrader is a bit dubious though. It quotes every option under the sun which I doubt you can get into a Titanium version.

Thank you for the help :)

Kye

If you know the Reg plate, check on Ford Etis website to see what the car was purchased with

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=8011544C2C28B07A52FFDF2382C37F4C.fcvas507

Put in your reg plate and look it up. once in the next screen click on There are more minor features for this vehicle, click to expand this list.

Hello.

I know the car has the Nav system, but would like to know if it is replaceable for the Sony DAB unit. The car has bluetooth and Voice control in it as well. I presume these features would be external to the nav system?

I'd like to know how doable it would be to swap the system and install the DAB ability, as well as make any other changes to make it all work. The car has 6 Speakers rather than the 8 that the DAB is normally fitted with. Would this cause an issue?

Cheers

Kye

If you look at my posts on a PC you'll find a link for my guide to fitting a Ford DAB radio at the bottom

All parts you'll need are listed.

Ahh good stuff!

Thanks for the intel, Stoney! B)

Welcome anytime, hope the guide is useful to you.

Hello.

I know the car has the Nav system, but would like to know if it is replaceable for the Sony DAB unit. The car has bluetooth and Voice control in it as well. I presume these features would be external to the nav system?

I'd like to know how doable it would be to swap the system and install the DAB ability, as well as make any other changes to make it all work. The car has 6 speakers rather than the 8 that the DAB is normally fitted with. Would this cause an issue?

Cheers

Kye

If you do get the dab in and sat nav out I might be interested in the old unit if its any good. Is it a touch screen one?

Lee

Hello, Lee.

The car I was looking at has gone to someone else now. I don't know when I'll pick up a car now, but if it has a satnav in it, I shall let you know if you like?

Cheers

Kye

Hello, Lee.

The car I was looking at has gone to someone else now. I don't know when I'll pick up a car now, but if it has a satnav in it, I shall let you know if you like?

Cheers

Kye

That would be great if you could. Only on the off chance and if you don't want it. Cheers.

Lee

Should be a straight plug an play swop and if it's a titanium I would say it's got all you need for dab I took mine out and put a zenec sat nav unit in plug and play so should say should go the other way as well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club