Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome My New Car?

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

well, I am not exactly a new member, but I thought why not introduce my new car here to the forum!

So, I just went out and paid the deposit on the following little beauty:

http://www.sandbkcars.co.uk/used-cars/ford-mondeo-1-8-tdci-edge-5dr-6-wigmore-201401301429123

drove it this morning and I havent stopped grinning yet!

So welcome to my new car, and courtesy of Philf1's typo, I am actually going to call her Mindel, unless the wife overrules me....

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum jeebo :huh:

Any mods planned?

• Like 1

As Boris would say, "Very nice".

I wonder how long you will keep the wheels though....

And I assume this is the 1.8TDCi proper Ford diesel that was used in the Focus and Stoney raves about :P

• Like 2

Lol i can see u kick mindel out for the mrs

lol, I wish, be a darned site cheaper!

Welcome to the forum jeebo :huh:

Any mods planned?

Thanks for the kind welcome James ;)

Not even thought of mod's yet, I will just be grateful to get a new toy, I will have a look at the basics (footwell lighting - LED Bulbs etc) but got to recoup the loss first!

As Boris would say, "Very nice".

I wonder how long you will keep the wheels though....

And I assume this is the 1.8TDCi proper Ford diesel that was used in the Focus and Stoney raves about :P

It is indeed very nice! and I hope I keep the wheels for a while, as for the engine, I believe it is a genuine piece of autotech, no DPF (that was on the 2.0 I narrowly missed out on!) but the 1.8 kicks out the same torque, same MPG, slightly better specs than the zetec I was looking at, and I love it!

But yes, I believe it is indeed the bullet proof shebang!

• Like 1

Cheers Clive!

Gotta wait about 10 days before I can collect, car is going in for repairs, that will take 6 days once they have the parts, and then once I get the money over from my relative, then that cashes out, I will be good to go!

Im looking forward to mondeo ownership!

also wondering if the latest ELM Config works on the mk 4 and 4.5 Mondeo's, if anyone happens to know?

Must be nice getting to drive a manual again, I don't think I could ever own an auto personally.

Looks well equipped considering it says its an edge model too.

Is the repair work much to worry about?

• Like 1

I do look forward to the clutch I have to say! if nothing else, its cheaper to pull a manual box from a write off, than to faff with a CVT or an auto!

Its actually a Zetec Edge - according to the paperwork and the guy :S but it seems to be zetec on the boot :p

but never the less its nice, all round electric windows, climate control, usual stereo, 6 speed 1.8 gearbox, bruise, ESP + Traction control... I am in my element!

As to the repair work - im past the point of caring lol

Ford have agreed to do the repairs for £1098, and as long as there are no further major issues underneath, it should be fine, best case, they fix it, give me it, and I get £1400 part ex for it, worst case scenario, they write it off, give me a cheque for something not too far off, and I get my mondeo.... either way, its leaving my household! lol

The dealer (well, I say dealer, hes an indie trader) accepted that its a cat C (I didnt leave out any details), he took it for a ride and said its tight as a drum, and is happy to have it off me for £1400, to be honest, I was only going to try and sell it privately for £1300 or a tad more maybe, but if this works out, I dont lose as badly as I could have done!

Guy now trades from his house, rather than a garage, he had about 7 motors on his driveway, I caught him off guard this morning but we managed to sort it all out... now, I am over the moon :D and sadly, still grinning like a cheshire cat from the drive and knowing it wont be long...

I do love the sea grey, was the colour of my Last Focus a few years ago, definately have a soft spot for it...

I believe I'm right in saying you should have global close? Control windows on the key :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I do hope so! and if its not there at the moment, I hope to switch it on with ElmConfig :D

shoulda looked a bit more accurately at etis lol.

Hi Jeeb

Nice looking new car mate :) , i too love the sea greay colour.

yeah I am looking forward to it matey!

Already got my plans...

Welcome to the Mondeo Team, there an awesome motor am on my 6th since the mk1 and 18 months from now will be getting another , it's sea grey isn't it? Great colour !

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks Vincent! it is a beauty of a motor! and it does appear sea grey! already got the first mod lined up - front and rear sensors!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club