Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta - How Many Faults Does Yours Have?

Martyn

Hi all new member joined to-day.

Had my car since oct'08,and notched up 5000.

Problem's so far:

Boot lid fixed as not shutting well

Mpg low,now 40-41

rattle from passenger side door

whirring noise at idle

lower foot well plastic's looking scuffy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• KeithC

• Martyn

• AndrewL

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one and only one issue with my car..

It's still in bits in Collone and the workers are sipping Kvas instead of putting her together!

Bad times!

Same here!

Hi all new member joined to-day.

Had my car since oct'08,and notched up 5000.

Problem's so far:

Boot lid fixed as not shutting well

Mpg low,now 40-41

rattle from passenger side door

whirring noise at idle

lower foot well plastic's looking scuffy

Hi Pete

i had the same problem as you , after doing 6000m and only getting about 42-44mpg ,

i took my car back to fords for them to investigate, they performed a engine managment system software upgrade

and now the car is doing between 55- 60mpg,you don't say what engine you have , if it's a petrol then 40-41 is ok, but if like mine a 1.6 tdci then go back to your ford dealer and get it checked.

steve

Steve, looks like Pete has zetec s (its on his avatar lol) so 40-41mpg is average for the sport, I was getting 40-44 before the mountune upgrade which has changed mine to slightly lower round town, but did get high 40s yesterday (just under 50 infact) when on a long motorway run.

Atm my car is running ok (fingers crossed) for once.

I seemed to of been quite lucky, i had a squeaking noise at the back which has been sorted hopefully for good, only problem i seem to be getting at the moment is a sqeaking noise from undder the bonnet sometimes on start up, maybe alternator belt, it is intermittent so i know fords will never find it lol if it gets worse i will take it back, my car is going to mountune next wednesday for abit of fettling, hope that will all go smooth and get no problems with it.

I seemed to of been quite lucky, i had a squeaking noise at the back which has been sorted hopefully for good, only problem i seem to be getting at the moment is a sqeaking noise from undder the bonnet sometimes on start up, maybe alternator belt, it is intermittent so i know fords will never find it lol if it gets worse i will take it back, my car is going to mountune next wednesday for abit of fettling, hope that will all go smooth and get no problems with it.

:o Does that mean you and Michelle will have matching cars?

:o Does that mean you and Michelle will have matching cars?

Im undecided on opting for the appearance pack yet, and i wont be getting the wheels, i will be getting my wheels powdercoated gloss black, i wouldnt want to be a copy cat lol just want the performance pack, It is Michelles fault lol because i hear her car go past all the time and it sounds lovely, and then her husband took me for a spin and that just made my mind up, i tried resisting but ive got the money there now so might aswell spend it, you only live once.

Hi Pete

i had the same problem as you , after doing 6000m and only getting about 42-44mpg ,

i took my car back to fords for them to investigate, they performed a engine managment system software upgrade

and now the car is doing between 55- 60mpg,you don't say what engine you have , if it's a petrol then 40-41 is ok, but if like mine a 1.6 tdci then go back to your ford dealer and get it checked.

steve

Yes i am driving the petrol s,had the air con on to-day and it dipped to 38.8.

Overall the engine is a peach,pulling better than ever! sure the 0-60 is less than 9.9!?

I forgot to add to my list... my boot spoiler has cracked somehow, took it to ford bodyshop today and they have taken picutes of it and put in for a warranty claim, the crack is on top of the spoiler, directly below on the other side of the spoiler is where one of the retaining screws sits so maybe its been done up to tight, just hope it gets sorted.

Rob - we definately have to get together for a photo shoot once your car is all done!

Rob - we definately have to get together for a photo shoot once your car is all done!

Yep, need to get it all done though lol once the upgrade is done i will get my wheels done shortly after, im undecided on the stripes, they look nice with your wheels because of the yellow on them but i dont think they will go with my wheels.

Hi, apart from someone damaging my drivers door, leaving it to require a new one, the only problem i have now noticed due to the warm weather is the climate control. Even set to low it only blows coolish air out. My old Audi A4 on that setting would have given you frostbite !. Anyone else had a problem ?

Dear All,

I am the "proud" owner of a Fiesta Titaniam on an 09 plate, its spec is:

• 3dr titanium
  • avalon blue
  • 17" alloys upgrade from standard titanium.
  • keyless/power button
  • usb + bluetooth + voice control

How much did the upgraded alloys cost you as I want to add them to my Titanium but don't want the full X Pack as not a lover of leather interiors?

How much did the upgraded alloys cost you as I want to add them to my Titanium but don't want the full X Pack as not a lover of leather interiors?

Dont no how much they are with the pack but i got told there £140 a go from Ford, thats without tyres!

Dont no how much they are with the pack but i got told there £140 a go from Ford, thats without tyres!

Well as part of the Street Pack on the ZS they are 400 but with the Titanium you have to have them with the X Pack (including leather int which separately is 600) for the princely sum of 1,000!!!

Well as part of the Street Pack on the ZS they are 400 but with the Titanium you have to have them with the X Pack (including leather int which separately is 600) for the princely sum of 1,000!!!

No thanks :unsure:

Hi, apart from someone damaging my drivers door, leaving it to require a new one, the only problem i have now noticed due to the warm weather is the climate control. Even set to low it only blows coolish air out. My old Audi A4 on that setting would have given you frostbite !. Anyone else had a problem ?

YES! I've found the AC in this car to be pretty weak.

Could be a small car / large car thing (bigger cars have much larger AC compressors with a larger engine turning it) but I do recall the AC in my Corsa (a mere 1.2 petrol) was a lot better than this.

Chris...

YES! I've found the AC in this car to be pretty weak.

Could be a small car / large car thing (bigger cars have much larger AC compressors with a larger engine turning it) but I do recall the AC in my Corsa (a mere 1.2 petrol) was a lot better than this.

Chris...

Going into the dealers on Fri to get looked at....must be something wrong.. Climate set to low today and im still sweating, even in Glasgow !

My car does not drive very nice when I have the air con on, it seems to be less smooth and quite "bumpy" driving if you know what I mean. not sure why but as soon as I turn it off it drives so much nicer. Never had A/C before so never experienced this.

I have had the following faults:

Windscreen washers not working

A moderate water leak in the boot from the left wheelarch (partially sorted by Ford dealer)

A loose connection in the seatbelt warning system so it would permanently sound when the seatbelt was strapped in :angry:

A rattle from the left A-pillar

Squeaky clutch pedal

Apart from the leak in the boot, I fixed these faults myself and I am very happy with the car ;)

I have had the following faults:

Windscreen washers not working

A moderate water leak in the boot from the left wheelarch (partially sorted by Ford dealer)

A loose connection in the seatbelt warning system so it would permanently sound when the seatbelt was strapped in :angry:

A rattle from the left A-pillar

Squeaky clutch pedal

Apart from the leak in the boot, I fixed these faults myself and I am very happy with the car ;)

Water leak :o How is it getting in???

Water leak :o How is it getting in???

Ford say that it is through a "loose gromit" in the boot. I got the car last October and noticed the leak in January when I took the spare wheel out after a puncture. At this point there was about a 4cm deep puddle of rainwater below the spare wheel. I also have the rubber boot floor protector so I was unaware that the boot carpet was also saturated with water.

After Ford "fixed" it there has only been a small amount of moisture, however I have not really done as much driving in the rain recently.

My Fiesta has one of the earliest build dates so hopefully none of the newer cars are affected.

Ford say that it is through a "loose gromit" in the boot. I got the car last October and noticed the leak in January when I took the spare wheel out after a puncture. At this point there was about a 4cm deep puddle of rainwater below the spare wheel. I also have the rubber boot floor protector so I was unaware that the boot carpet was also saturated with water.

After Ford "fixed" it there has only been a small amount of moisture, however I have not really done as much driving in the rain recently.

My Fiesta has one of the earliest build dates so hopefully none of the newer cars are affected.

Yeah I hope so too! Maybe I'll keep an eye on it anyway, just to be sure...

I've got my fiesta for only 4 days and have done 186 miles... But noticed couple of hardly noticapble things:

-rubber under slat connecting rear left door and window (chrome one) is pushed under the slat (about 5 cm)

-squeaky sound from behind rear right seat

-doing 35.5 mpg in the city (not too bad I think) .... 44mpg on the motorway

-after turning off the engine and sitting in the car for about 10 minutes - strange sound appears from air con I think - like it'd like to turn on itself but it can't - it lasts about 7 seconds

• 2 months later...
Dear All,

I am the "proud" owner of a Fiesta Titaniam on an 09 plate, its spec is:

• 3dr titanium
  • avalon blue
  • 17" alloys upgrade from standard titanium.
  • keyless/power button
  • usb + bluetooth + voice control

From the begining i have had a few problems with it,

1. Drivers door window seal had to be re adjusted 4 times! solved.

2. Passenger Door Locks had to be replaced 2 times, and still not right.

3. Usb and line in socket was very loose so replaced, solved.

4. Plastic loose bits in the head lining rattling, solved.

5. Inidicator problem mentioned in other threads, still not right.

6. sqeaky peddals, seems to be solved,

7. radio looses bass with adaptive volume enabled, still not right

8. sqeaky wing mirrors when folding in past their point, still not right,

i since found out they have changed the radio and so am currently pressing them to uprade the radio, it is a great car i know it sounds daft after all mentioned above, but it is a dream to drive and with all the features on it, its so easy, very pleased, just annoyed with all the issues im having. I would buy another which i guess is the main thing just want these things sorted :(.

PLEASE REPORT BACK TO ME ABOUT YOURS.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club