Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta - How Many Faults Does Yours Have?

Martyn

Buying this car was the biggest purchase mistake I have ever made in my life. So many problems, none have been fixed. The dealership Ford Arnold Clark in Linwood are UTTERLY USELESS. The guy laughed in my face for asking if they were open on Saturday even though the salesman told me they were. I shouldn't need to keep taking the piece of !Removed! back in. I would love a refund so so much it's unreal.

If anyone wants to buy my 1.6tdci Titanium in Black with bluetooth and just under 8000 miles, I will genuienly sell to the first offer I receive that I consider realistic.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• KeithC

• Martyn

• AndrewL

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying this car was the biggest purchase mistake I have ever made in my life. So many problems, none have been fixed. The dealership Ford Arnold Clark in Linwood are UTTERLY USELESS. The guy laughed in my face for asking if they were open on Saturday even though the salesman told me they were. I shouldn't need to keep taking the piece of !Removed! back in. I would love a refund so so much it's unreal.

If anyone wants to buy my 1.6tdci Titanium in Black with Bluetooth and just under 8000 miles, I will genuienly sell to the first offer I receive that I consider realistic.

I am very concerned about this posting as I'm in the market possibly for a new Fiesta.

Is this a one off or are there any other owners who wish they had not bought their Fiesta.

ive had no problems with mine,apart from the mountune issue that is now sorted :D

This is my post from a thread I started about my small faults:

Just thought I would give an update on the faults I have with my car, nothing major.

So far, my tracking is off (Does anyone else have the steering wheel slightly off centre with the 17" wheels?)

My squeak has returned grrr.

My brakes make the whirring grinding noise when you put them on, is that normal, it's not loud.

And I managed to wash my car today and half of the red sticker stripe in the S on the Zetec S badge fell off!! Will I be able to get the dealer to put a new sticker or badge on free under the warranty as I kind of expected it to last longer then 4 or 5 washes and 2 months!

build quality sounds shocking reading from all this.. still not bothered by it, nothing i cant fix ;) might be annoying ad fustrating, but when you learn about your car and solve different things yourself it gives me a satisfied feeling that i have fixed it myself, i know some people like to have their brand new cars spot on as it should be, but am just saying i dont mind tackling these niggles myself as i find them quite fun and rewarding :)

My 1.25 82 hp 5D Titanium is now 3 months old and still no problem at all! Very good feeling and the cars seems to be very well built.

There is only one thing that bothers my and that is the petrol consumption (9,5 L/100km). It seems to bee approx. 27% higher than Ford states for city traffic (7,5 L/100km).

I have had my 1.4 Titanium since July, and the only problems i have had is a dodgy stereo.

I get fluctuating volume, which also caused a speaker to crackle.

ford have no replaced the speaker and the stereo is being replaced during the week.

They say that my stereo only does this when the temperature is warm in the car, seams like an odd one to me, but at least they are replacing it.

Drivers door seal hanging off from halfway down, would take it back in for warranty to sort out but wouldn't want to leave the car there for a simple job.

Anyone know how long it should take, or better still, what adhesive can I get myself to DIY it?

I've had mine for just over a month now and nothing has gone wrong and there are no signs of lousy build quality :) It's brilliant!

Just under three weeks down and touch wood everythings fine with my car. The climate control makes a 'tut' noise pretty loudly quite a lot (anyone else noticed this?) and some of the interior plastics below the steering wheel are a bit dodgy and ill fitting but that's more a design flaw. My mk6 broke down twice in the first three months!

Just under three weeks down and touch wood everythings fine with my car. The climate control makes a 'tut' noise pretty loudly quite a lot (anyone else noticed this?) and some of the interior plastics below the steering wheel are a bit dodgy and ill fitting but that's more a design flaw. My mk6 broke down twice in the first three months!

When I took a test drive in a Fiesta with climate control I to noticed this and asked the sales guy.

He said it was the automatic function operating, and was opening and closing valves and flaps to regulate the settings and this was quite normal. Seemed reasonable at the time, but then most sales people will tell you anything to shut you up.

It was also pointed out that the auto function also opened and closed flaps/valves on switching on and off.

The only fault my car had was the drivers side door seal needed sticking down a bit, it didn't cause any leaks though. It was just hanging off a bit! Other than that, no problems to report :) *touch wood* I think I've been really lucky with my Fabio, he's a good boy.

Well....some of this is rather worrying isn't it?

Pedro is now just over 10 weeks old with 776 miles on the clock and we can honestly say...touch wood...we've experienced nothing that you guys'n'gals have experienced. There were a couple of minor teething trubs, but that was down to me not knowing what I was doing!! LOL

My only gripe at the moment is the fact that he doesn't stay clean for more than 24 hours...but not even I can blame Ford for this :P

I've had a small leak from the drivers door seal. Just had it replaced, but it hasn't made any difference (if anything it's slightly worse!) so I think I'll be calling my dealer again. :angry:

I am very concerned about this posting as I'm in the market possibly for a new Fiesta.

Is this a one off or are there any other owners who wish they had not bought their Fiesta.

I copied this off my other post where someone wanted to know what problems I was having. Sorry for just pasting it in here, just saves me typing it all again.

I have had the car in three times for the skipping MP3 CDs, then for the interior light flickering on and off randomly, the rattles from the interior plastic are AWFUL, I've stuffed two pairs of socks down the front A pillars in an attempt to stop the rattling, which as I kind of expected, isn't covered by warranty. The finish on the bonnet paint is rubbish and I have been advised by someone it is an issue with the lacquering, I have yet to mention it to them as I doubt they will care. The engine malfunction service immediately sign has came on a couple of times, and now, the newest problem is a complete failure of the bluetooth system. I can't debond my phone even though my phone thinks it IS debonded. I can't switch off the bluetooth via the menu, the tick keeps going back in the box when I do!!

In generaly these sound stupid, and I sound stupid for moaning, but I didn't pay extra for a top of the range model with the MP3 CD player and the bluetooth for them not to work!! And I didn't buy a brand new car for it to rattle like maracas when I'm driving it!!

And oh yeh, FORGET the manual's MPG rating, it's out by at least 20%.

And also, my window on the driver's side, when it goes up creaks very loud as if the motor is trying it's hardest to force up against the seal and failing. Ford's solution?... Silicon in the seal. Sounds reasonable? No, now my window is streaked big time, when I scrub it off with Fairy Liquid it's okay until I wind the window down or until it rains then it's covered in silicon again!

When I took a test drive in a Fiesta with climate control I to noticed this and asked the sales guy.

He said it was the automatic function operating, and was opening and closing valves and flaps to regulate the settings and this was quite normal. Seemed reasonable at the time, but then most sales people will tell you anything to shut you up.

It was also pointed out that the auto function also opened and closed flaps/valves on switching on and off.

Oh right thanks. Yeah, I asked someone about it and they said it was the pressure relief valve or something. Initially thought it was one of the passengers constantly criticising my driving! :P

I copied this off my other post where someone wanted to know what problems I was having. Sorry for just pasting it in here, just saves me typing it all again.

I have had the car in three times for the skipping MP3 CDs, then for the interior light flickering on and off randomly, the rattles from the interior plastic are AWFUL, I've stuffed two pairs of socks down the front A pillars in an attempt to stop the rattling, which as I kind of expected, isn't covered by warranty. The finish on the bonnet paint is rubbish and I have been advised by someone it is an issue with the lacquering, I have yet to mention it to them as I doubt they will care. The engine malfunction service immediately sign has came on a couple of times, and now, the newest problem is a complete failure of the Bluetooth system. I can't debond my phone even though my phone thinks it IS debonded. I can't switch off the Bluetooth via the menu, the tick keeps going back in the box when I do!!

In generaly these sound stupid, and I sound stupid for moaning, but I didn't pay extra for a top of the range model with the MP3 CD player and the Bluetooth for them not to work!! And I didn't buy a brand new car for it to rattle like maracas when I'm driving it!!

And oh yeh, FORGET the manual's MPG rating, it's out by at least 20%.

And also, my window on the driver's side, when it goes up creaks very loud as if the motor is trying it's hardest to force up against the seal and failing. Ford's solution?... Silicon in the seal. Sounds reasonable? No, now my window is streaked big time, when I scrub it off with Fairy Liquid it's okay until I wind the window down or until it rains then it's covered in silicon again!

Getting my new Festa wednesday, but the one I currently have is 6months old, 17k on the clock now...it doesnt do great MPG, but its alright...

However the A/C turns itself on randomly and it aint got climate control, sometimes the radio display is blank until you turn the car off/on again, and there are some poor flat spots starting to occur around 2k rpm (its a diesel by the way).

But can't be bothered to moan as getting new one on wednesday!!!

Oh, surprised to see that there is a minor oil leak around the turbo already!!

Piggy :)

I got my car booked in on Monday for it's check up (Third one as it's had one very time I've taken it in!) I mentioned all the faults but forgot my noisy brakes which today I popped up my village and boy they really made a grinding noise! The disks have also got that rusty colour now booo. So I'll have to mention the brakes when I take it in on Monday.

My First Fault!

My factory fit parking sensors (F+R) have gone down! The light is flashing and is making the error tone as described in the manual... Happened after doing a 200 mile trip up the A1 for a meeting on Sunday, the road was very wet and it was !Removed! down so I'm thinking that the water has hit something. Going to have a quick look at it tomorrow, give the sensors a clean and see If I can get them working again, if not then I'll give my dealership a bell

Only fault in 6 months and 18,000 miles so I'm not too bothered really, esp. as its probably a 'breakage' as opposed to a fault or a common problem

Will also be my first "test" of my dealerships after-sales-service, so I'm really hoping they do a good job for me!

I've owned my Fiesta since September, and despite one or two very minor teething troubles, (which I managed to sort out myself - along with the kind help of some of this forum's members), I am over the moon with it and regard the car as the best we've ever bought.

Minor issues:

* Squeak from rear seat. (Problem solved by slightly adjusting the catch).

* Squeak from front passenger-side dashboard. (Solved by neatly tucking some thin card between the dashboard and the plastic trim around the small, triangular window).

* Slight metallic 'clunking' noise from front wipers. (Just needed to add a bit of grease to the springs underneath the wiper's plastic covers).

* Tiny amount of water on rear plastic section, (next to parcel shelf). (I removed the trims around the rear-side window and dried any moisture out. I then made sure the rubber trim along the outside of the roof [where a roof rack can be fitted] was pressed down firmly. Not sure if there are any attachment holes under this rubber where water can get in? Anyway, whatever I did seemed to do the trick, and several 'very' heavy rain showers later it now seems to be okay - touch wood!)

All these issues were very trivial and quite easy to fix. I realise other people have had more serious and annoying problems, but personally I think the new Mk7 Fiesta is just brilliant. :) And as long as there are no major probs in the future, then I'll be a very happy bunny!

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I got a new fiesta titanium 1.6 Petrol 59 Plate at the start of September, with the following options:

Rear Centre Headrestraint

B/Tooth Handsfree Voice Control and USB

Power Rear Windows

Individual Pack Red

Parking Sensor Rear

14in Steel Spare Wheel

Black Metallic Paint

ESP With EBA

Lumbar Support Drivers Seat

Now the issues:

FROM NEW:

1) bluetooth, on a call will say you have disconnected on the phone but will still show connected on the console, and no matter what button you press it will not turn off, in the end you have to pull over and turn the engine off (hardly hands free!)

Local Dealer - they say they console has to much of a power drain due to all it has to do and this should be fixed by a software update, its was only a week old! should it not have the up to date software when it is delivered? its not like we can update it is it! anyway software updated and suddenly i have pictures on my console showing my aircon flow which i have never seen before!

bluetooth still playing up, this time disconnected me and turned my stereo off, turned it back on and the lights on the buttons (cd, phone, aux, radio) do not light up, press any button and the stereo turns off,

Local Dealer - no new software update untill 05/01/10

2) Gears Selection, when changing gears fast it will not go into gear, which is handy on a roundabout! also if you pop it out of 2nd it does not line up with 4th so you have to wiggle it in, though may be due to a new gear box but drove one as a hertz car that didnt do this. Local Dealer re-alligned gear selection and now still doesnt line up with 4th but goes into forward gears alot easier, however seem to be missing reverse 75% of the time

Gone back in with this and they said they could not see what im talking about, so no fault found, how ever has come back and the gear lever mech seems a lot looser and now goes into reverse and lines up with 4th

3) Driver Door Mirror, hits the silver window trim and leaving a mark, you can hear the motor strain as it hits it and slides up the trim - Local Dealer moved this so it does not hit but not a word from them about replacing the trim!

4) Console, low Buzz all the time when you turn everything off including engine.

Local Dealer - yeah they do that! does any ones elses?

5) Squeaking from drivers door, dam annoying

6) Passenger electric window switch popped out and wont go back in, the hole seems to big

Local Dealer - I think they have permently glued it in, fingers crossed it doesnt have to come back out as its in the leather option.

Now the good things:

I really like this car to drive, I have done 5k in about 3 months including 350mile non stop trips, the individual leather options holds you nicely and I did find the standard seats the padding was rather squashy and if you turned 90 degrees to get out you could feel the plastic of the edge of the bottom of the seat cutting into your legs. ESP with EBA lots of fun in the snow :) controls the car well in the village i live with the no chance of rads ever being salted. voice control I find is good but the point of doing the climate control apart from showing friends i can see is point less, cos the knob is hardly far away! Lights are excellent on full beam but I find a little dull on nornal on roads with out lighting.

Drove the 1.25 petrol before getting the 1.6 as the 1.25 only averaged 35mpg on a 200mile run as the foot had to be planted on the floor most of the way on the A1, where I am getting 50mpg on the 1.6

USB - all my music on one memory stick, just takes a age finding what you want when you have to navigate through folders. but still very usefull, havent bothered using a CD since getting this.

So has anyone else had the gearbox problems or the bussing from the console?

Drove the 1.25 petrol before getting the 1.6 as the 1.25 only averaged 35mpg on a 200mile run as the foot had to be planted on the floor most of the way on the A1, where I am getting 50mpg on the 1.6

50mpg on the 1.6 petrol!!!! you have got to be kidding me! I think you may have broken a world record there! and you've only done 5k in it too!

The very best I get out of mine is 45mpg, and I've covered 19k

I had a problem with reverse for the first few thousand miles, like you I missed the gear about 70-80percent of the time on the first attempt which realy annoyed me at the time, but it slipped my mind because one day it just stopped missing, and I don't think i've missed it at all in the last 5000.

Haven't noticed the hum of the electrics, but have never realy looked for it, although i agree with you about mpg, I drive a 1.25, and when i'm on the m25 I like to floor it (night driving) so it gobbles up the petrol, around 30-35 mpg. Have achived around 40mpg in town driving, however I am a very laid back city driver, never realy rev the gears above 2000 rpm.

I find it much eaiser to use CD's to the usb/aux in with my iPhone as songs can be skipped via the normal controls, so much prefer it. Never have to look away from the road.

Only problem other than reverse I've noticed with the gears is that I tend to slip it in 4th if im changing into 2nd quick on a roundabout, but I don't know if thats down to my driving or the gears themselves!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club