Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta - How Many Faults Does Yours Have?

Martyn

50mpg on the 1.6 petrol!!!! you have got to be kidding me! I think you may have broken a world record there! and you've only done 5k in it too!

The very best I get out of mine is 45mpg, and I've covered 19k

OK, try going from Farnborough to Newcastle M3, M25, M1, M18, A1M - I get 50mpg every time, Farnborough to Lincoln M3, M25, A1, A46 I get over 48mpg and infact on short journeys i get over 40mpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• KeithC

• Martyn

• AndrewL

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I think I've found my first fault.

My drivers window will go all of the way down with 'one touch', but will not come back up in the same way, and I have to hold the switch up manually.

I have only noticed this today and it definately went up with one shot before.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? The anti-trap thinking there is something blocking the window maybe? Also, I was wondering if there is any way to reset the system?

To be fair mine's been perfect, apart from the passenger door card rattling when a bass drum kicks on the stereo, it's driving me insane! I haven't managed to get down to the dealers yet, but will they even bother looking at it for me?

Today I think I've found my first fault.

My drivers window will go all of the way down with 'one touch', but will not come back up in the same way, and I have to hold the switch up manually.

I have only noticed this today and it definately went up with one shot before.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? The anti-trap thinking there is something blocking the window maybe? Also, I was wondering if there is any way to reset the system?

Fixed it! If you hold the button up whilst the window is closed for about 10 seconds then I think the system resets itself... It seemed to fix the problem anyway!

To be fair mine's been perfect, apart from the passenger door card rattling when a bass drum kicks on the stereo, it's driving me insane! I haven't managed to get down to the dealers yet, but will they even bother looking at it for me?

I have same problem!

They will bother looking at it if its in the 1st year of warranty. If its over that period, then its a bit trickier - will probably have to go through Ford customer relations instead of directly to dealer first.

• 8 months later...

Hi All

I got a new fiesta titanium 1.6 Petrol 59 Plate at the start of September, with the following options:

Rear Centre Headrestraint

B/Tooth Handsfree Voice Control and USB

Power Rear Windows

Individual Pack Red

Parking Sensor Rear

14in Steel Spare Wheel

Black Metallic Paint

ESP With EBA

Lumbar Support Drivers Seat

Now the issues:

FROM NEW:

1) Bluetooth, on a call will say you have disconnected on the phone but will still show connected on the console, and no matter what button you press it will not turn off, in the end you have to pull over and turn the engine off (hardly hands free!)

Local Dealer - they say they console has to much of a power drain due to all it has to do and this should be fixed by a software update, its was only a week old! should it not have the up to date software when it is delivered? its not like we can update it is it! anyway software updated and suddenly i have pictures on my console showing my aircon flow which i have never seen before!

Bluetooth still playing up, this time disconnected me and turned my stereo off, turned it back on and the lights on the buttons (cd, phone, aux, radio) do not light up, press any button and the stereo turns off,

Local Dealer - no new software update untill 05/01/10

2) Gears Selection, when changing gears fast it will not go into gear, which is handy on a roundabout! also if you pop it out of 2nd it does not line up with 4th so you have to wiggle it in, though may be due to a new gear box but drove one as a hertz car that didnt do this. Local Dealer re-alligned gear selection and now still doesnt line up with 4th but goes into forward gears alot easier, however seem to be missing reverse 75% of the time

Gone back in with this and they said they could not see what im talking about, so no fault found, how ever has come back and the gear lever mech seems a lot looser and now goes into reverse and lines up with 4th

3) Driver Door Mirror, hits the silver window trim and leaving a mark, you can hear the motor strain as it hits it and slides up the trim - Local Dealer moved this so it does not hit but not a word from them about replacing the trim!

4) Console, low Buzz all the time when you turn everything off including engine.

Local Dealer - yeah they do that! does any ones elses?

5) Squeaking from drivers door, dam annoying

6) Passenger electric window switch popped out and wont go back in, the hole seems to big

Local Dealer - I think they have permently glued it in, fingers crossed it doesnt have to come back out as its in the leather option.

Now the good things:

I really like this car to drive, I have done 5k in about 3 months including 350mile non stop trips, the individual leather options holds you nicely and I did find the standard seats the padding was rather squashy and if you turned 90 degrees to get out you could feel the plastic of the edge of the bottom of the seat cutting into your legs. ESP with EBA lots of fun in the snow :) controls the car well in the village i live with the no chance of rads ever being salted. voice control I find is good but the point of doing the climate control apart from showing friends i can see is point less, cos the knob is hardly far away! Lights are excellent on full beam but I find a little dull on nornal on roads with out lighting.

Drove the 1.25 petrol before getting the 1.6 as the 1.25 only averaged 35mpg on a 200mile run as the foot had to be planted on the floor most of the way on the A1, where I am getting 50mpg on the 1.6

USB - all my music on one memory stick, just takes a age finding what you want when you have to navigate through folders. but still very usefull, havent bothered using a CD since getting this.

So has anyone else had the gearbox problems or the bussing from the console?

Hi new user here!

I have a 09 1.4 Titanium

I too have experienced the console buzzing noise. Come and goes with months in between. Back today after many months.

Also I have had another problem today that I have not found on this forum - When getting of the drivers seat with the fob out of the ingition I inadvertenly pulled the steering wheel to the right and the wheel locked. When I put the fob key back in the ignition the steering wheel would not budge and the fob key would not turn. I Contacted the local Ford dealer and the master technician said I should pull the wheel hard to the left but it still would not budge. He then said try pulling it further to the right and without much effort it released the wheel and I was able to turn on the ignition on.

The technician said I had probably probably switched the ignition off and pulled the fob key to quickly not allowing time for the electronic power steering to switch off when I pulled on the steering wheel. Answer to the problem ensure you allow a few moments after swithcing off the ignitin before remove the key.

Anyone else had this problem?

Also I have had another problem today that I have not found on this forum - When getting of the drivers seat with the fob out of the ingition I inadvertenly pulled the steering wheel to the right and the wheel locked. When I put the fob key back in the ignition the steering wheel would not budge and the fob key would not turn. I Contacted the local Ford dealer and the master technician said I should pull the wheel hard to the left but it still would not budge. He then said try pulling it further to the right and without much effort it released the wheel and I was able to turn on the ignition on.

The technician said I had probably probably switched the ignition off and pulled the fob key to quickly not allowing time for the electronic power steering to switch off when I pulled on the steering wheel. Answer to the problem ensure you allow a few moments after swithcing off the ignitin before remove the key.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi babyboomer

I had the same happen to me only a few days ago.... accidentally moved the steering wheel on getting out which seemed to lock it, but then when tried to start it later the key went it, but wouldn't budge! :angry:

Mine was sorted by getting out, locking the car, leaving it a couple of mins then unlocking again & hey presto all was okay! :rolleyes:

Put me in a bit of a panic at the time though! Note to self.... try not to touch the steering wheel when getting out of car!!! :D

Had the 1.6 petrol for a year now and nothings broken and i still get 45mpg average and 50mpg average when on a long run.

had my fiesta zetec mk7 for just over a year so far problems ive had or still have-

-rattling pillar on the drivers side (just in front of the steering wheel) , should be able to fix myself but have'nt got round to it.

-hit a deer which resulted in a new bonnet new left wing and new front end

looks ok now ,not sure about the deer though :(

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my car has had 3 serious problems so far. It is a Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto 59 plate (almost a year old). Problems include:

1. Drive plate had to be replaced (car not able to be driven) – 3 days out of use.

2. New Gear Box had to be replaced (car not able to be driven) – 2 days out of use.

3. Alternator had to be replaced (car broke down) – 6 days out of use.

I absolutely loved my car until it hit 6000 miles! Then the problems started. Now I have lost faith in the car as it is so unreliable. I rely on it so much for work etc... as many others do! Each time the car has been repaired and the problem solved, however yet another serious problem arrives…

A letter will be sent to Ford Customer Services at the weekend! I will be interested to see what they have to say.

Just thought I would share…in case others were in a similar position.

Any advice?

New Problem, my heating matrix has melted! causing a smell of death in the car... 4 days in fords to fix, lets see if i now have the daskboard rattle back seeing as all my silicon wedges have gone... the joys of a ford!

18 months and 4,000 on the clock and still no problems.

not even a rattle or squeak? :)

Following on from my last post. I picked the car up and then it broke down in a car park after travelling 25 miles....

Electrical problem - now fixed!

In contact with Ford Customer Services now - will have to see what compensation I can get?

18 months old with 13,500 miles

- Engine malfucntion dashboard error (x3). All fixed with software upgrades.

- Terrible rattle from the A- Pillar. Ford fixed by padding the trim out.

- Squeaky clutch pedal. Fixed with some greasing from Ford.

- Failed bootlid struts. Replaced by Ford.

- Clunky suspension. (Sorry can't find a fault, Sir).

- Squeaking from suspension when pulling away or slowly turning a corner (Yet to be booked in).

- Bald tyre after 13,500 with normal driving.

- Airbag connection failure on the drivers side. Replaced by Ford.

- Blown fuse for windscreen washer jets. (fixed myself)

- 78mpg (my a*s*)

When I ordered the car in Morrello, it turned up in Moondust Silver. I had to wait another 3 months for a new car to be built.

It never gets valetd when it goes in to the garage every other month.

Ford rang me yesterday to offer me a 60 plate over another 3 years at no extra monthly cost. I reeled this lot off and told him what I thought of the MK7.

In fairness, the majority don't seem to have a problem. Perhaps I am just unlucky, but 'Once bitten, twice shy'.

I have a 59 Titanium. Only issues so far:

Window seal on passenger door is stuck up into window halway along towards the B pillar.. it doesn't leak but I cannot pull it out and straighten it, as soon as the window is closed it pulls it back in. Will get it looked at at the service in 2 weeks.

Glovebox hinge "broke". I found it on the floor, but amazingly enough I was able to clip it back in and it wasn't actually broken. It just seems to be designed that way.

Reverse gear sometimes doesn't engage, it seems like it's in but when you release the clutch it juust makes a bit of a whirring noise and you have to shove it in again. I'll get it checked at the service.

I find the auto lights come on ok but even in bright sunlight sometimes do not turn off again.

Apart from the fog light issue (thread elsewhere) that was partly self inflicted, I've had no other issues.

Cheers

B.

Glovebox hinge "broke". I found it on the floor, but amazingly enough I was able to clip it back in and it wasn't actually broken. It just seems to be designed that way.

Reverse gear sometimes doesn't engage, it seems like it's in but when you release the clutch it juust makes a bit of a whirring noise and you have to shove it in again. I'll get it checked at the service.

I think one of the fuseboxes is behind the glovebox and to gain access you have to flex its sides to clear the catches and drop it down.

The gearbox thing is a common problem which I reckon more or less everyone with a recent Fiesta will have encountered.

Well I have had mine for just under a year, and yes there are the odd faults, but on the hole I can't complain,

Passenger side read door seal is loose (no water damage so fare)

Bonnet catch doesn't always return and the bonnet rattles a little.

MPG about 50, a little low I know and am starting to think about pushing them for the software update.

She's going in for her first service, so fingers crossed they will sort out the niggles.

Sorry to hear about everyones problems.

Chris

I think one of the fuseboxes is behind the glovebox and to gain access you have to flex its sides to clear the catches and drop it down.

The gearbox thing is a common problem which I reckon more or less everyone with a recent Fiesta will have encountered.

Thanks Andrew.. I thought the glovebox hinges seemed a little strange!

Gearbox is a quirk I suppose we will have to live with.. not a major issue but a niggle nonetheless..

I forgot I have had the ECU light with the "engine malfunction" message appear twice in 7 months.. I see a software update fixes that one so will mention it at the service...

Cheers

B.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Andrew.. I thought the glovebox hinges seemed a little strange!

Gearbox is a quirk I suppose we will have to live with.. not a major issue but a niggle nonetheless..

I forgot I have had the ECU light with the "engine malfunction" message appear twice in 7 months.. I see a software update fixes that one so will mention it at the service...

Cheers

B.