Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec 17" Alloy Advise

xpatx

post-51460-139473578043_thumb.jpg

Will these 17" alloys fit straight onto my 2014 zetec 1.2 petrol without rubbing or lack of power?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yes they will be fine :)

I'm going from 15" standard to these 17" ones (hopefully!)

From the price list I assume your tyres are 195/55 R15? If so then they are the same diameter as the 17" tyres from a Zetec S or ST, so if the new wheels are the ones I think they are, they should be perfect :)

There are rims on the price list that look identical to your photo, which come with 205/40 R17 tyres: http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/Brochures/BrochuresandPricelists

You'll just have to check that the tyres are the correct size, but they probably are.

Thanks for your help and advise Phil much appreciated, yes those tyre sizes from mine and the replacements are correct so hopefully there won't be any power loss/gearing etc?

You're welcome, and yes they are the same diameter so there will be no change to the gearing/power.

When you specify 17 in wheels on an order the factory fit steering rack limiters to stop the wheels from fouling the wheel arches on full lock.How it fits I do not know but it costs about £8 from Fords.

Been quoted £945 for a set of 4 with Toyo R1's all fitted etc from my local dealer.

Any other 17" suggestions?

I fancy a set of these to replace my 16'' zetec s ,but are these new shape still prone to buckling like the older streetpack 17''s? or have ford sorted this problem out on the newer wheels?

My passenger side alloys have taken a beating recently from potholes. Both of them are still round as ever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers for the advise, just hunting around for the best price now and I'll post photos when I've got them on.

I went from the 195-50-15 to a 195-45-16 in my 1.6 and I haven't had any power problems. I didn't even notice a difference so you should be fine with the 205-40-17, as stated above they are all practically the same diameter.

Just remember that there will be a slight change in your speedo error. I think mine decreased by 1km/h so if you accommodate for speedo error when you drive just remember to factor that in.

Plus take a photo before you swap the alloys, it means you can have a little comparison photo. Its one of the things I wish I did so I could keep a track of all my little changes

Hi,I have just changed my alloys this week.. from 195/55/R15 to 205/40/17 and there appears to be no problems atall :) As for the Speedo I havnt entirely had chance to figure out if this is slightly diffrent but as previously stated just take into account a slight change!

Hope u find the right wheels :)

post-52055-139498538249_thumb.jpg

post-52055-13949853926_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What's on eBay for £400, slightly confused here?

So what's the difference with the new fiesta to the 13plate?

Sorry Katie!

My old (well say old - 2 week old) 15" alloys & tyres.

Just need some 17's now!

Ahh I'm with u, mine are currently stuck in a garage!

• Like 1

Your black alloys look fantastic on your car, I'm going for silver 17" 8 spoke because you had the same alloys as mine and they look too small for the arches.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club