Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Fit Mk1.5 Headlights To My Mk1 Focus?

MiltyG565

Just wondering if I can fit my Mk1 Focus with the facelift headlights? I don't like how when I switch from dipped to main beam, the dipped light goes off. Has anyone done this? Is it alright to do?

Bumping this up. Somebody here must have tried this before!

The only thing stopping you doing this maybe the plugs if they both match should work. But the indicators are in the bumpers on a mk1. Where as mk1.5 has indicators in the light unit.

Yes, the plugs is what I was thinking, but does anyone know if they are different? I would assume so, since the indicators are incorporated. Also - I don't mind have 2 extra indicators either side :lol:

I did this mod a few years back but i'm sure I bought a set of lights that had been modified with correct plugs and indicator loom patches already done.

You shouldn't run two sets of front indicators, I rigged my old indicators up to the sidelight feed with clear lenses and white bulbs to form a kind of drl system.

Why shouldn't I run 2 sets of indicators?

Tbh it just looks strange, (at least it did to me).

There's nothing illegal about them as some drl's have indicators included in them.

It looks strange because it's uncommon. There's nothing exactly wrong with it, I feel. I'll see what I can find on the internet for replacement lights :)

There's plenty of aftermarket lights on eBay that would look good.

What do you think of these? Do you think they are good and worth the money? I get a little suspicious when ads say things like "These will pass UK MOT".

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-1998-2000-BLACK-DRL-DEVIL-EYE-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-PAIR-/350845581355

Look fine to me.

Should be plug'n'play too so no rewiring required.

They usually only mention MOT legal as there are quite a few overseas sellers that don't care if they are legal or not.