Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Light

DazoUK

I have a Galaxy MKII on a 51 Plate wen I got the car ther was a ABS light that is on when I start the engian and it stays on all the time I have pluged a OBDII code reader into the car and ther is no codes to help me pinpoint the problem befor I trust a garage on what the problem is I wanted to know what the World wide web had to offer

chances are, the reader you have can only access engine codes, you need to plug in with a scanner that can communicate with the ABS module

• 2 weeks later...

i have now got a reader i can plug into my computer/laptop i have tryed cheaking the abs module on the program that comes with it and all im getting is to many communication errors i have tested other things like the airbag and internal sensors and all that and i can test them any ideas??

when you say too many communication errors, do you mean no communication whatsoever with the module, or it recognises the module but failing to communicate with fault codes/data etc

Its failing to conect but other modules are working like airbag check and othe modules on some it says module not found and only on the abs module it says tomany communication error i will get a picky of it and post it later i plug the thing into lappy then to car i have selected the right com port and connection is good then i put ignition on and then select abs cheack it scans then tries 4 times then the error

could be wrong software, or could indicate the module is fried

number of fuses linked to abs, so will be worth checking those first

Ok i have looked in my owners Manuel and i can not find the fuse for abs its a ford galaxy mk 2 if it helps

need to know model/fuel/plus if it has traction control or not..or ESP

Fascia fuse box, right hand side, fuse 3 and 15, if it has ESP, also fuse 2 and 32

Engine bay fusebox, fuse 101 and 102

Its a petrol 2.3 16v i dono if it has esp or not or traction control

fuses are the same on all models, though ESP has the extra 2 fuses in fascia box.

can i ask what software/programme your using

Its a KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 cable useing VCDS-Lite softwear on a windows 7 system

it maybe the software causing the problem if its not a genuine vcds (vag-com)

are you going straight into ABS menu or running an Autoscan

either way, when trying to access the abs module, in the top left of the screen, do you see the comm status and protocol coming up with anything, if you do, does it show controller info?

if its a non genuine VCDS, may not work on all controllers, even the genuine VCDS-Lite had problems as they were an entry level programme for non commercial use, which meant the software was tested but not guaranteed to work and not supported for updates/glitch fixes.

only way you can check if its a software issue, is to try getting it connected on another machine capable of reading the abs.

but as said before, could be the actual module is faulty, in which case, will need to be removed for testing/refurb

Thanks very mutch i have alsso been tould it could be the latency setting for the usb com port

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club