Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Cold Start Data

Greenhouse28

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question but I have a MK7.5 Zetec and I remember when I first got the car I was able to see the amount of cold starts as a percentage.

But I have tried to view this recently and I cant for the life of me find where it was!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This is probably me just being an idiot lol!

Thanks!

On mine it's under the 'Ford Ecomode' ( or something to that effect) I hit the menu button to bring it up on mine from memory!

Without sounding rude as I'm not trying to be, but why would that info even be useful ?

Without sounding rude as I'm not trying to be, but why would that info even be useful ?

Lots of cold starts are bad for an engine, it's when the components may not fit the best and the oil isn't warm and lubricating at it's best. That's why one owner used once a week for shopping cars aren't always the best. They can have very worn top ends and even piston slap in older engines.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

It only shows up if more than 50% of the start ups are on cold engine i think, mine does anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Lots of cold starts are bad for an engine, it's when the components may not fit the best and the oil isn't warm and lubricating at it's best. That's why one owner used once a week for shopping cars aren't always the best. They can have very worn top ends and even piston slap in older engines.

What choice do you have if you for example go to work the same time every day & the weather is bad

What choice do you have if you for example go to work the same time every day & the weather is bad

Make sure the engine comes up to temperature as fast as possible. Majority of modern cars have a cooling system that allows for this to happen and little wear happen. But to be honest a good thing to do would he walk or take your bike if you can. A mile drive to work and back a day isn't the best for the environment, engine or your body! But only at 150,000 miles+ does it really become an issue in modern cars with we'll cared for engines.

It's lucky I work over a mile away

Found it, 51%

It was under the ecomode thing. Swear that is not always there so whoever said it only shows up over 50% is right :-)

Trading the car in soon and was just curious to what the figure would be.