Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking Diesel Mondeo

stuh

I have a 06 plate mondeo 2.0 tdi (130 bhp), it runs fine but when i put my foot down there appears a cloud og grey smoke from the back, can anyone recommend an engine cleaner to attempt to resolve this. It's done 83k with a good service history. many thanks.

I'd suggest checking the air hoses for split, and also taking the EGR off and cleaning it.

Same happening with mine. After reading many posts on here about the valve and seeing images of how clogged up they can get, it's definitely on my list of things to do :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

I clean my EGR valve at least once a year. I'd do it more often but it's an ultra-messy job, and I hate doing it.

Can't blank it either cos it's a Euro4, and the EML annoys me.

Same reason I decided against blanking it.

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

give it a service with a fuel filter, but before you do run some redex/bg244 thru to clean then do the filter..... black smog unburnt fuel, not enough air.... egr valve/inlet getting clogged up....

give it a good thrash.......

I Blanked my EGR and have never had to bother cleaning it since (the last 3 years). A £10 code reader off eBay and I just erase the EML once a week or whenever I remember :lol:

I Blanked my EGR and have never had to bother cleaning it since (the last 3 years). A £10 code reader off ebay and I just erase the EML once a week or whenever I remember :lol:

That was my intention when I originally blanked mine, but the EML was always back within ten minutes of starting the car. After three or four times I thought sod it, and removed the blanking plate.

Mine comes on within a day or so, but at the end of the day its only a light. just like the side lights,indicators or handbrake light. The car runs better and there hasn't been a whiff of black smoke since, and I hardly notice the light so well worth doing.

If you can't cope with a little light you can just put a bit of black tape over it and hey presto no more light :lol:

If you can't cope with a little light you can just put a bit of black tape over it and hey presto no more light :lol:

I could cope with it. What worried me, was if it also came on for something else and I didn't notice.

Most people get a cheap code reader and check it once a week to make sure there aren't any other faults that would bring the EML on.