Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management

heddfan

Hi,

Just had a long protracted problem with my Mondeo 2.5 ghia x.The engime management light came on had a diagnostic test and it showed both front Lamda sensors were faulty.

Just paid £ 400 to have them replaced and heho drove 30 miles and guess what the engine management light has come on again.

The car has done 71.000 miles only.

Before I go back to a garage and fork out a fortune any ideas please to what it could be

Thankyou all.

without the codes being read we cant say??. But you can buy a code reader on eBay for about £20 quid and there easy to use aswell.you can pay a garage that just to read fault codes if not more and least you can reuse it on yours and your mates cars again for free

without the codes being read we cant say??. But you can buy a code reader on ebay for about £20 quid and there easy to use aswell.you can pay a garage that just to read fault codes if not more and least you can reuse it on yours and your mates cars again for free

Could be cat clogged could be a list of things

Clogged cat is the best bet to be honest, but the error codes are the key to it!

wouldnt condemn anything based on just the codes.

dont know if the sensors were actually tested, or just changed because the codes said so...number of reasons why those codes can flag without it actually being the sensors at fault...

a clogged cat is unlikely as this would cause a power loss, which going on the posts, doesnt appear to be happening...

at the moment, taking it for granted the light has flagged for same reason as before, so really needs the codes read and go from there

It seems to be that even though I have changed the lamdas it could be something else.Have not lost any power at all.I find the engine idles a little lumpy when hot .Any other suggestions please seems I am throwing money at this.

When the codes were read it said both front lamdas were faulty hence the change.

Thanks again

I would say read my signature thread of "got an error on your car" and buy yourself a code reader, you will always find it useful for all cars going forward, and all cars back to 2004, its well wirth a few quid!

As for your issue, I would say if you arent experiencing loss of power, and its just lumpy running, it could be as simple as a clogged air filter, or fuel filter, or even a dirty MAP / MAF sensor. Otherwise, your looking at a possible leak in the air intake system could also be causing the issue.

• Like 1

Hard to say without fault codes. But one possibility is now that the lambdas are working they have detected that the system is running too rich or too lean. You say the car runs lumpy? Could be a vacuum leak, check all vacuum hoses. A smoke test is the quickest and most reliable way to find vacuum leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

poss spark plug lead coil pack plugs..a matter of anything read them codes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club